The Red Star

Bobitron

Explorer
Has anyone checked out the new d20 adaptation by Green Ronin, or even read the comics? I'd love some input. The Archangel Studios website gave me a great bunch of teasers for the comic, and I'm consider spending $60 on the trade paperback collection. The d20 book has been positively reviewed on RPG.net, and I'm wondering if anybody here has some direct experience.

dmjeffk

First Post
Fantastic comics to read. The RPG book is also very well done. Anyone who is a fan of the comics should get the RPG. It has several chapters of solid background information that makes for a great read (if you're a fan). The artwork in the RPG is excellent too. that being said, I'll never run it as a game. To me, it just seemed a little too limited, and I was at a bit of a loss to figure out how to run a game with it. There aren't enough classes to make a full party of one faction only, so either you had a lot of class overlap, or somehow you through people of different factions together. The rules themselves seemed solid. The bottom line is the comics and RPG both shine for their story and artwork and should be picked up, regardless of whether you actually role-play it.

Gospog

First Post
Good stuff!

Well, my group playtested the game and loved it!

And then I got to play in Nasrat's excellent Red Star game at the last Boston Games Day. We had an "all-Red" team and it worked great.

Before either experience, I was a big fan of the comic.

I got a few individual issues and then picked up the full compilation. I found it to be totally worth it.

So I guess I reccomend all of it. Have fun!

-Tom

Bobitron

Explorer
Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the feedback.

And Phil, thanks for the coupons. Nice idea. I wish I had some of them a month ago... :\

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Bobitron said:
And Phil, thanks for the coupons. Nice idea. I wish I had some of them a month ago... :\

No problem. I update the coupons at the beginning of each month so try again in a few days and you'll see completely new coupons.

Bobitron

Explorer
Well, The Red Star Campaign Setting by Green Ronin is in my hands. It looks great; the art and layout are excellent. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming arrival of the trade paperbacks so I can get a good handle on the storyline.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases