The Savage Sea (5E) [3-5 level 4 *OOC*]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Let's see... a black dragonborn (or lizardfolk) who looks like an alligator-man named Cocodrie. Probably a fighter, but I am always happy to play a rogue if we need one.

gnarlygninja

Explorer
Apolgies if I was not clear. Was asking for a char concept from Fitz. Gnarly, I'm ok with eith one so pick whichever you think would be most fun.
Well now its my turn to apologize for being unclear, I picked the kobold barbarian and posted his rough backstory earlier. Here's the very nearly completed character sheet, just need to finalize languages.
15 14 14 10 10 8
Zrok

HP 45
AC 15
small
30 foot speed
Darkvision 60
Draconic Cry. Bonus action, cry at enemies within 10 feet. Until start of next turn you and allies have adv on attack rolls against any of those enemies who can hear you. Prof bonus (2) per day.
Defiance. Adv on saves to avoid or end the frightened condition on yourself
Common, Draconic
Rage. +2 damage on melee weapon attacks using strength, adv on str saves and checks, resistance to B/P/S. Bonus action to enter, can't cast spells or concentrate on them, lasts for one minute or until you've been knocked unconscious or you haven't attacked a hostile creature or been damaged since your last turn
UAD
Danger Sense. adv on dexterity saves against effects you can see. Can't be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated
Reckless Attack
Giant Power. Learn Giant and Thaumaturgy
Giant's Havoc. Add rage damage to thrown str weapon attacks. Increase reach by 5 feet and become large.
ASI +2 STR

• light, medium, shields
  • Simple, Martial
  • Str, Con
  • Athletics, Intimidation, Religion, Surv

Common, Draconic, Giant, ??? ???

Background: Failed experiment
Those who look into your eyes can see that you have faced unimaginable horror and that you are no stranger to darkness. Though they might fear you, commoners will extend you every courtesy and do their utmost to help you. Unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them, they will even take up arms to fight alongside you, should you find yourself facing an enemy alone.

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
Well now its my turn to apologize for being unclear, I picked the kobold barbarian and posted his rough backstory earlier
Ah, okay.
And for Fitz, I think Lizardfolk is the way to go on this. Drangonborn are their own thing. I see Two possible routes, depending on your preference: Craal, who are larger. more muscular, a bit slower, and are okay in either fresh or salt water (probably preferable for this adventure, or their cousins, the Allal who are a bit smaller leaner, and a bit faster but can only tolerate salt water for a day or two.
Ability Scores: Con +2; Wis +1
Size: Medium
Speed:
Craal:
25 ft., swim 30 ft.
Allal: 30 ft, Swim 30 ft
Age. Lizardfolk reach maturity around age 14 and rarely live longer than 60 years.
Size. Lizardfolk are a little bulkier and taller than humans, and their colorful frills make them appear even larger. Your size is Medium.
Swim Speed. You have a swimming speed of 30 feet.
Bite. Your fanged maw is a natural weapon, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with it, you deal piercing damage equal to 1d6 + your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.
Cunning Artisan. As part of a short rest, you can harvest bone and hide from a slain beast, construct, dragon, monstrosity, or plant creature of size small or larger to create one of the following items: a shield, a club, a javelin, or 1d4 darts or blowgun needles. To use this trait, you need a blade, such as a dagger, or appropriate artisan's tools, such as leatherworker's tools.
Hold Breath. You can hold your breath for up to 15 minutes at a time.
Hunter's Lore. You gain proficiency with two of the following skills of your choice: Animal Handling, Nature, Perception, Stealth, and Survival.
Natural Armor. You have tough, scaly skin. When you aren't wearing armor, your AC is 13 + your Dexterity modifier. You can use your natural armor to determine your AC if the armor you wear would leave you with a lower AC. A shield's benefits apply as normal while you use your natural armor.
Hungry Jaws. In battle, you can throw yourself into a vicious feeding frenzy. As a bonus action, you can make a special attack with your bite. If the attack hits, it deals its normal damage, and you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier (minimum of 1), and you can't use this trait again until you finish a short or long rest.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Draconic.

You may roll for your character's height and weight on the Random Height and Weight table. The roll in the Height Modifier column adds a number (in inches) to the character's base height. To get a weight, multiply the number you rolled for height by the roll in the Weight Modifier column and add the result (in pounds) to the base weight.
Random Height and Weight
Base Height Base Weight Height Modifier Weight Modifier
4'9" 120 lb. +2d10 × (2d6) lb.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ah, okay.
And for Fitz, I think Lizardfolk is the way to go on this. Drangonborn are their own thing.
Yeah, I was thinking that we'd refluff the black dragonborn as a gator-man with acid-spit, but if there are dragonborn and lizardfolk in your setting anyway, I'll just go with those. Do we need a fighter more, or a rogue?

Edit: Also, are we rolling for stats? Aside from PHB+Tasha's (and IIRC Level Four) I don't see any more info on character-building requests.

I vote that needs a reroll.
Yeah, I was thinking that we'd refluff the black dragonborn as a gator-man with acid-spit, but if there are dragonborn and lizardfolk in your setting anyway, I'll just go with those. Do we need a fighter more, or a rogue?

Edit: Also, are we rolling for stats? Aside from PHB+Tasha's (and IIRC Level Four) I don't see any more info on character-building requests.
Some of us played in the prior game mips ran and are bringing those characters into this game. So no character building requests needed.

I don't know if anyone new is making a rogue, but the original group was missing a rogue. If that helps. My PC is a Twilight Cleric.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases