Dragonlance "The Women of Dragonlance" -- Larry Elmore's New Dragonlance Painting

Iconic D&D artist Larry Elmore has been working on a new Dragonlance painting. He has been sharing progress pictures over recent weeks. This is apparently a commission for a client, and is entitled "The Women of Dragonlance". There's a new trilogy of Dragonlance novels coming from authors Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman featuring "classic Dragonlance" branding.

Iconic D&D artist Larry Elmore has been working on a new Dragonlance painting. He has been sharing progress pictures over recent weeks. This is apparently a commission for a client, and is entitled "The Women of Dragonlance".

There's a new trilogy of Dragonlance novels coming from authors Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman featuring "classic Dragonlance" branding.

elmore_dl_2021.jpg

dave2008

Legend
Not quite as fond of his paintings anymore*, but I do still love the B&W illustrations in the BECMI books. Must be nice to be able to commission one the original DL artists.

*with some exceptions

dave2008

Legend
If you don't mind me asking, why not? What changed in your opinion of his work?? If you don't want to respond, no worries, just curious.
I think some of his DL paintings just feel very posed and stiff. Not to mention I don't like his dragons very much. This could easily be the result of rate of work they were expected to produce.

Now, he has some classics too that continue to hold up IMO. Like this one:

MountainGiant.jpg

Remove ads

Remove ads