Trailer for new season of Doctor Who

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
I see Capaldi's back in the band. Wouldn't it be AWESOME if Craig Ferguson appeared in that scene as a band member?

(For those of you who don't know... Peter Capaldi and Craig Ferguson were in a punk rock band, Dreamboys, together in the early 80s.)

Ryujin

Legend
http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/live-bl...-panel-news-thats-fit-to-print-from-comic-con

Is it me, or does this look much darker in tone than the previous seasons? Not that I'm complaining...I think that's a good thing.

And the reveal of Maise Williams at the end...could it be that she's a regen of River Song?

They have said that Capaldi would be a darker Doctor.

River Song gave up her regens to save The Doctor, so I don't think so. I'm leaning toward The Master, when he first regenerated as Michelle Gomez.

They have said that Capaldi would be a darker Doctor.

River Song gave up her regens to save The Doctor, so I don't think so. I'm leaning toward The Master, when he first regenerated as Michelle Gomez.

The Doctor was out of regenerations too, you know...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What's to say that River didn't have the same thing done?

Both the Doctor and the Master have gotten entire new regeneration cycles. No reason somebody else can't.

That said, I don't think that's it. It's been done twice now.

Ryujin

Legend
What's to say that River didn't have the same thing done?

All I'm saying is that I haven't ruled out the possibility.

Nothing, given how wibbly wobbly timey whimey things get in Doctor Who, but they have effectively already closed her loop. I think it's unlikely that they would break the rules another time.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Or Susan, perhaps?

That was my first thought upon seeing the scene - Susan (or some other family member).

I think that would be much more interesting than another round of River Song. I'm liking the vibe of the trailer too, some edgy drama playing out alongside usual weirdness

Remove ads