Tricks n' Traps from Hell!

Oh, come on, we all know that there are few joys greater than springing a trap which you have spent sleepless nights on, and watching the PCs faces turn to horror. Post your favorite traps for others to enjoy, and feel free to tell your stories. :D

Heres one I heard about on the WotC boards, and I am planning on springing it when my PCs are higher level.
Flesh to stone+ stone to mud+ mud to stone+ stone to flesh= Puddle o' Paladin! :D :] Lets see the rogue disarm that!

Nightcloak

First Post
Blade of Desecration said:
Heres one I heard about on the WotC boards, and I am planning on springing it when my PCs are higher level.
Flesh to stone+ stone to mud+ mud to stone+ stone to flesh= Puddle o' Paladin! :D :]

Lets see the rogue disarm that!

I'd like to see the cleric try to fix that!

20-foot long pit filled with water and a wooden bridge that spans the entire pit. Unfortunately, the center 5' section was missing so a mimic came along and connected the span.

PC crosses bridge. PC sticks to mimic. PC and mimic fall into water and sink.

Escaping from the mimic, fairly easy. Doing so before you invoke the drowning rules, a lot tougher.

Next!

Xen155

First Post
A 40ft x 40ft room the floor of which is a series of randomly set colored tiles each 1ft x 1ft. At the end of the room is a lever. Each diferently colored tile does a different type of energy damage when steped upon except one color that is safe. When the lever at the end of the room is pulled all safe tiles also do a random type of energy damage. Every 50 seconds the safe tile color switches to a different one.

Remove ads