Troubleshooting the pathfinder spell blood biography

Tizbiz

Explorer
Hi,

i am storytelling the Pathfinder Zeitgeist campaign and my players are currently playing the second adventure the dying skyseer. I am not an native english speaker, please ignore any typing faults. I might share my players adventures in the future because they tend to negotiate their way through all encounters avoiding fights as much as possible.

Unsurprisingly they found a way to catch me unprepared by sending the blood samples from the fight between Cillian Creed and Dr. Recklinghausen to the RHC Laboratory. They had the laboratory perform the Pathfinder spell Blood Biography.

They argued, that a semimodern agency like the RHC would do bloodtests and i decided the spell was available but did not realise that they get the most common name of the bloods owner also.

I managed to get by temporarily by not giving them the name and are going to cover this up with a side quest about an corrupt alchemist which will get them a npc aide which they desired lately.

I feel very unconfortable about them finding Cillan Creed´s Name so early in the adventure and need some advice how things will change and how to keep the adventure together especially about how to keep the mayor Macbannin out of suspicion.

Up till now the party has uncovered the major information about Nasila´s death and are looking for Dr. Recklinghausen. They followed the trail of the Letter from Professor Lynn Kindleton and know that the crime boss Kell is hiding Dr. Recklinghausen somewhere.

As they negotiated their way through all encouters the are at good standing with the Family and even gained Julian Lebrix trust and he told them about his investigation concerning the witch oil.

My players did get a lot of the available information really early because i reward their roleplaying and negotiotions. I fear it might come back and bite me this time.

Right now the party is preparing to spend the night with the skyseer Nevard on top of Claudron Hill and i plan to give them a way to get Cillian Creeds Name on the folloing day.

They will meet Cillian Creed the first time when he shows them the way to the mayor just before they climb the hill. They already got the mayors permisson to climb the hill a few days ago.

I really appreciate any thoughts you are willing to share and would be happy to hear about your overall experience with the spell blood biography.

Last edited:

If you haven't given them any answers yet, it's easy and spooky: that's not blood; it's witchoil, mixed with blood, but the whole thing confuses the spell and reports dozens of names.

Then they might do some more research, and discover - just in time for when they're getting disheartened that they might never solve the case - that those were names of people who died on Cauldron Hill a century ago during the witch era.

Tizbiz

Explorer
Thank you. I totally missed the point of the witchoil interfering with the results. Yet i promised my players to give them the name. They will get a list of several hunderts of names and the right one ist somewhere among them. *evil grin*

Remove ads