Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana Fighter: Samurai, Sharpshooter, Arcane Archer & Knight

This week's Unearthed Arcana column from WotC's Mike Mearls and Jeremy Crawford gives us four new fighter archetypes: Samurai, Sharpshooter, Arcane Archer & Knight. The Arcane Archer is a master of elven archery, weaving magic into missile attacks; the Knight is able to mark his foes and hold the line; the Samurai gains benefits through sheer willpower; and the Sharpshooter has various ranged combat abilities.

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 20.17.01.png

SaveSave

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 20.17.01.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 20.17.01.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 61,922
Last edited by a moderator:

Sacrosanct

Legend
Well, it seems peoples' guesses were pretty spot on, judging by those archetypes. The link isn't there yet, but I wonder if the knight will get something like stances

flametitan

Explorer
Create Magic Arrow. As a bonus action on your turn, you can create one magic arrow in your hand. The arrow lasts until the end of theturn or until it hits or misses a target. You can fire the arrow from a shortbow or longbow. The arrow is a magic weapon that deals an additional 2d6 force damage on a hit.You have two uses of this feature, and you regain all expended uses of it when you finish a short or long rest.

I don't remember there being rules that said shortbow arrows couldn't be fired from a longbow or vice-versa.

Chaosmancer

Legend
I'm getting, like, unhealthy amounts of mad, clicking on that broken link.

I'll quote that for truth. I tried it about six times, then refreshed the article page and tried it another six before trying to see if this thread was up and if anyone had seen it yet.

Definitely a little antsy about it.

Sacrosanct

Legend
They are making ever ready arrow too complicated. just say it's an additional use of arcane arrow and keep it simple. the "get another arcane arrow 1 minute after your final one" seems too messy, and I'd probably just handwave it away to what I suggested anyway.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I like them overall, though not a fan of the Sniper. Just don't really see its place. The Knight is more complicated than it should be. Arcane Archer is great. Samurai is fine.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases