Unholy Toughness

Drowbane

First Post
How much CR/LA is it worth?

I'd like to add Unholy Toughness to several Undead (ghost, lich, vampire, mummy, deathknight, etc) who predate this ability.

So, whats it worth? An additional +1 LA, +1 or +2 CR?

hong

WotC's bitch
I wouldn't change the CR. The undead you're talking about are just too fragile to start with, so this ability brings them up to par. I would warn the players that these monsters will be harder to kill than before, though.

LA doesn't matter unless you have vampire and lich PCs, which I'd guess isn't the case.

Drowbane

First Post
hong said:
I wouldn't change the CR. The undead you're talking about are just too fragile to start with, so this ability brings them up to par. I would warn the players that these monsters will be harder to kill than before, though.

LA doesn't matter unless you have vampire and lich PCs, which I'd guess isn't the case.

I've had both in the past. Near EPIC though... so something as trivial as a colossal HP boost wouldn't bother me.

ValhallaGH said:
Undead, Int and Cha 13+

Also, I am currently playing a vampiric (Nosferatu; homebrewed vampire variant) necromancer (Death Master; Dragon Compendium vol. 1)...

So I am very interested in acquiring said feat. However, even so, I think that those prereqs might be too soft. This would give my lvl 12 character 144 HP (34 Cha).

Further thoughts?

Last edited:

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Drowbane said:
So I am very interested in acquiring said feat. However, even so, I think that those prereqs might be too soft. This would give my lvl 12 character 144 HP (34 Cha).

Further thoughts?
Whoa!!! That's a huge boost for the price of one Feat.

~WWGD = What Would Gelbun Do?

Drowbane

First Post
TarionzCousin said:
Whoa!!! That's a huge boost for the price of one Feat.

~WWGD = What Would Gelbun Do?

Exactly, thus why I'm here asking for suggested LA increases to give this to Undead.

Last edited:

Sigurd

First Post
By the time you're playing with 34 char you're well beyond the average question and answer. Why don't you post the character(s) and let people consider the whole question with background.

Sigurd

the Jester

Legend
I generally consider it worth +1 CR. All it is is hit points.

Much much higher LA, however.

In fact, this is a wonderful example of the difference between LA and CR right here! :D

Remove ads