[v.3.5] Campaign Guide: Heroes of Carnell PbP Game!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
So, a half-orc druid. Can I write some sort of connection to another player character into his background? Perhaps his mentor / father figure is friends with an elf?
Character connections are a good idea. His mentor would likely be friends with a forest elf. Many forest elves were displaced from the Knotwood after its destruction. Forest elves and silver elves have a close kinship in the Great Forest, so it would be likely that Lorien could know a forest elf who relocated to Silverleaf after the demon infestation of the Knotwood.

Also, forest elves tend to get around -- their young people are often overcome by wanderlust near the beginning of their adult lives. Silver elves, like Lorien, are more likely to stay close to home, but wanderlust can overcome them too. It's just rare.

My idea so far is that [insert name here] has been raised by a human druid hermit, after his human mother (noble or otherwise important lady) abandoned him as an infant, because of the scandal of being pregnant of an orc slave (or servant).

Even though the local villagers tolerate his presence, he is not comfortable in town much; both because of mutual misunderstandings and because his mother (and her family) gets upset whenever he is in town.
That all sounds good.

What kind of animal companion would be appropriate for the area?
In the Strandlands, you could pick any of these from the standard list of Animal Companions: badger, dire rat, dog *, riding dog, eagle, hawk *, horse (light), owl *, pony, or wolf *.

You can pick only these few animals from the 4th Level or Higher list: black bear, boar *, dire badger, and dire weasel.

The animals listed with an asterisk are your best choices.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Do we need a tracker? In that case, I will choose a wolf; if not, I'm going for an owl as my animal companion.

If racial paragon classes are allowed, can I assume that racial substitution levels are, too? I sorta like those half-orc druid racial sub levels (Races of Destiny, page 159-160)... :)

Big Mac

Explorer
Shout out to World of Kulan campaign group membership, regarding the recruitment post linked above: [MENTION=840]A'koss[/MENTION], [MENTION=13966]Arkhandus[/MENTION], [MENTION=61182]Big Mac[/MENTION], [MENTION=9813]Clay_More[/MENTION], [MENTION=50987]CleverNickName[/MENTION], [MENTION=28387]Evilusion[/MENTION], [MENTION=40227]freyar[/MENTION], [MENTION=371]Hand of Evil[/MENTION], [MENTION=2205]Hobo[/MENTION], [MENTION=3398]jaerdaph[/MENTION], [MENTION=7177]Jürgen Hubert[/MENTION], [MENTION=19249]marketingman[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]Piratecat[/MENTION], [MENTION=172]Psion[/MENTION], [MENTION=42169]Relique du Madde[/MENTION], [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION], [MENTION=92511]steeldragons[/MENTION], [MENTION=1210]the Jester[/MENTION].

I really don't spend much time on ENWorld any more. I'm mostly on The Piazza now.

But good luck with the game.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Do we need a tracker? In that case, I will choose a wolf; if not, I'm going for an owl as my animal companion.
You might find having the owl as your PC's animal companion easier in the short term. The adventure is going to take you to an coastal island, so the wolf might be out of place for a bit.

If racial paragon classes are allowed, can I assume that racial substitution levels are, too? I sorta like those half-orc druid racial sub levels (Races of Destiny, page 159-160)... :)
Sure, go ahead.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Tailspinner,

I'm sure I mentioned it somewhere *, but you might not have seen it. Rogues cannot be lawful good in this campaign world.

Edit:
* Here's the post.

However, if you dead set against changing the character's class and alignment, I'm willing to let it be. I even have an in-game reason why your PC can be a LG rogue -- her people are from another world (Maran) where traditions are different. Note that other rogues will consider here very odd because of her outlook on life. It's a good roleplaying hook, IMO.

I will consider this an exception to the rule and only this one time. (That's for any players who join at a later date or play in a different PbP game in the future.)

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
[MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION],

Did you see my notice about the restart in the OOC thread? Are you still trying to read through the original posts in the In-Character thread? I just want to see where you're at regarding playing Quinn.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
If any of you already have been considering prestige classes for your PCs, you should take a look at the two new files I've uploaded in the World of Kulan campaign group. The PDF is main file but the RTF will be helpful as well.

Files in Campaign - World of Kulan

I've uploaded a modified version here as well.

Attachments

• PrCs of Harqual.pdf
    108.5 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases