[v.3.5] Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [IC] (Game Cancelled)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Originally Posted by Salthorae
Nelalwe releases the held power in her quiescent weave with a touch to each of them as Shazer'a moves off and catches the grenade with practiced ease. Picking a target out of the crowd of pirates who seems a most likely candidate and chanting out a quick spell hits one with days worth of malnourishment and fatigue.
Nelalwe concentrates her spell on one of the men in the shock armor. She knows that Shazer'a will likely handle the half-ogre. Plus, she doesn't want to get to close to the rifle. The spell invades the man's body and he begins to shake; while he manages to shrug off part of the spell's power, Nelalwe knows he'll be fatigued and, thus, less dangerous.

OOC: I chose one of the orcs in the shock armor for your spell since you didn't specify a target. | Fortitude save > 1d20+8=26 (success) 14 subdual damage, fatigued (-2 Str, -2 Dex)

OOC (new): It is somewhere around the next few posts that there might be parts missing. I'm certain there should be another post for my reply to Salthorae's initial action for Shaz.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Originally Posted by Knightfall
"You'll have to do better than that, elf spawn," the orc man boasts loudly. "You'll find me hard to pin down with that primitive toy. I've faced the worst that the ISPD has to offer, so I'm not afraid of an ignorant backworlder."
"Elf spawn," Soumral chuckles as she lines up her second shot at him. "Is that the best you can come up with you son of motherless ogre."

OOC: 1st Attack Roll: 1d20+9: 25 [1d20=16]
Damage Roll: 1d8+4+1d6: 15 [1d8=8] [1d6=3]

Originally Posted by Buddha the DM
"Elf spawn," Soumral chuckles as she lines up her second shot at him. "Is that the best you can come up with you son of motherless ogre."
Soumral's second shot pierces through the orc man's strange clothing near his shoulder. The orc growls at her but then smiles. "A challenge," he says through gritted teeth. "I like a challenge. We'll see if you can shrug off blaster fire as easily as shrugged off your arrow."

Soumral's second shot pierces through the orc man's strange clothing near his shoulder. The orc growls at her but then smiles. "A challenge," he says through gritted teeth. "I like a challenge. We'll see if you can shrug off blaster fire as easily as shrugged off your arrow."
"Hit me with your best shot," she responds with a feral grin.

The orc moves lightning quick across the street, nearly as fast as the xeph. His boots hum with energy as he dashes into a covered spot behind several barrels and takes aim at Soumral with his blaster rifle. The leader of the invaders fires one quick burst at the elf. The weapon spits out three powerful arcs of lightning much like the cannon on the strange vehicle. Somehow his misjudges his aim and the arcs of lightning impact a building behind her, burning the wood to ash, and leaving three gaping, burning holes in the building.

"Damn this stupid light gravity," he curses.

OOC: Orc Leader's Attack > 1d20+15=18 | Man, sometimes I hate my dice roller!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The hobgoblin watches as the blaster fire misses the elf who was standing out in the open. He shakes his head, disbelieving his eyes. "These outlanders have some luck on their side, it seems." He seems to hesitate for a moment before his eyes glow with an internal fire. "But, there's no stopping it now." The sorcerer mumbles an arcane formula that transforms the outside of his body. He is soon covered with hard multicolored scales. He moves further away from his companions and draws a pistol from his holster. He finds a crate and ducks down behind it.

"Damn it, boss. I told you we couldn't trust that gobber." The disembodied voice of Lachlan Scaro seems to be all around the battefield. "He's going to save his own hide and try to cut a deal."

"Shut up and get control of that damn jeep of yours."

The driver of said jeep tries to get the bear off of him. He attempts to draw his pistol and shoot the bear point blank. The bear holds him fast and he cannot move. The man is able to move his arm but he can't reach his holster.

"Relax boss, it was never really out of my control. It is my baby, after all," Lachlan says. "Hey Shaz, I hope you're not to attached to your friend there. Watch this!"

The hoverjeep's cannon swivels on its turret and it points directly at Nelalwe. The gnomish war weaver can do little but hold her breath and pray. The cannon fires its lightning charge over her head. The energy slams into a building against the city's inner wall. The building explodes in a ball of electricity as the cannon shreds wood and stone. When the smoke clears, there is a scorch mark on the inner wall.

"Whoops, I missed. Oh well, next time little gnome. I need to compensate for your height next time. That tavern went boom though." Lachlan laughs manically through the comms.

"You crazy bastard," the hobgoblin yells.

"Yes, but he's our crazy bastard," the orc smiles as he prepares to line up for another shot. "So far, you've done nothing!"

OOC: Hobgoblin casts scales of the dragon from DS Imperial Supply (p. 92): boosts AC and gives DR. | Driver's grapple check > 1d20+9=24, Bear's grapple check > 1d20+16=28 | Lachlan's remote attack roll with the cannon (-2 to roll, no Dex) > 1d20+6-2=19 (miss)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Laran assesses the situation and realizes the gathered heroes are facing dangerous foes. He also knows his weapon likely won't do much to the men in the shock armor. He decides, instead, to sing an ancient rock ballad known throughout the Empire called Voice of Superstitions. Knowing that he shouldn't sing out in the open, Laran finds as safe corner as he can find and considers his options.

OOC: Inspire Courage (+1 moral bonus for allies against charm and fear effects; +1 moral bonus for allies on attack and weapon damage rolls)

OOC: Now that Dakashi is under cover, if the guy who just shot him is within 50ft, he is getting an Energy Current (fire), Reflex Save for half (DC 24), 10d6+10 (spent 1 additional pp for augmentation to add another 1d6)

I can hit another foe if they are within 15ft of him also, if not then... Dakashi will provide cover fire preventing any enemies from getting to the hovering machine the bear just ripped someone off of.

Hadyri is going to continue fighting the guy she is near.

Flurry of Blows:
Attack 1d20+11, 1d20+11, 1d20+6
Damage 2d8+3, 2d8+3, 2d8+3

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The armored orc in front of Hadyri pushes a button on his weapon, which makes a sharp blade spring out in front of it. The trooper stabs at Hadyri twice with the blade and catches the enlightened monk once before she realizes the blade is there. The second strike misses as she twists her body away from her armored foe.

Another of the shock troopers takes an uneasy step forward as he tries to see through the spots in front of his eyes. He lets out a low growl and points his weapon towards the one who hit him with magic. He fires two bursts at Nelalwe at point blank range. The first of the electric bolts nearly takes Nelalwe's head off. Only her animalistic power saves her in a split second. It and the other bolts from the first burst slam into another building on the opposite side of the street from the building that was demolished by the cannon. The second burst of bolts splay against the stone of the road around her feet sending up bits of debris and dirt. She's in a crossfire!

The third of the armored troopers steps forward confidently and fires two bursts from her blaster carbine. The first is directed at Rodan and the second at Soumral. Both burst find nothing but open air, stone wall, and cobblestone street. Luck seems to be on the side of the heroes.

"The gravity is low," their leader barks. "Either compensate or fight hand to hand."

The orc trooper in front of Kethrendil pushes the button on his carbine causing its sharp bayonet to be deployed. The trooper stabs Keth once in the arm but comes up short with his second thrust. He then steps back with the weapon out in front of him prepared for the elf to come at him again. A low chuckle issues from inside the orc man's strange helmet.

OOC: Shock trooper (vs. Hadyri) attacks > 1d20+11=21 (hit), 1d20+6=9 (miss); Damage to Hadyri > 1d6+3=7 | Shock trooper [fatigued] (vs. Nelalwe) attacks > 1d20+8=23 (miss), 1d20+3=9 (miss) | Shock trooper (vs. Rodan and Soumral) attacks > 1d20+9=11 (miss), 1d20+4=13 (miss) | Shock trooper (vs. Kethrendil) > 1d20+11=28 (hit), 1d20+6=20 (miss); Damage to Kethrendil > 1d6+3=6

Man, these troopers are like Stormtroopers. They can't shoot straight.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
A moment after being shift away by Dakashi's metal command, Haspur exclaims to the the air and then turns to run away. He gets no more than 20 feet before he nearly runs right into a huge man-thing. He looks up at the goliath with wonder and a hint of recognition. Him. If he's here then she is too. It's coming true just as I've seen it He muses inwardly. "Either they will all die or they will help usher in a new age for Toril," he mumbles with a sigh. He hadn't meant to say it out loud.

Originally Posted by Shayuri
As Silhouette, fading into view as her invisibility wore off, and Thrak approached the stone wall dividing the Docks from the rest of the city, something curious happened. A man appeared from nowhere. They stopped, and Thrak reached back to grasp the hilt of his sword.

"Wait." Silhouette was revealed as humanoid, female, but with some distinct differences. Her skin was absolutely black in shade...darker even than the midnight violet of the drow. Against that backdrop, the white of her eyes and teeth were startlingly bright and she had no hair on her head. She was clad in a flowing robe of entwined streams of deep purple and red, making a strange aurora that clung to her voluptuous figure.

Thrak stayed his hand as the man crowed something about Mystra.

"I know him." Silhouette approached him, her curiosity tempered by wariness. She leaned down a little to get a closer look. "Haspur, is it? The 'mad prophet' of Baldur's Gate? You're no spellcaster...how did you appear here?"

The goliath frowned deeply. He knew her well, but it was hard to stand aside for her legendary inquisitiveness when the skies spat death and who knew what worse was to come. There were times to gather knowledge and secrets, and times to stay on task. But it was not for him to command the likes of her.
"You are here," Haspur replies, strangely lucid. "Cloaked in shadow as I've seen it. You will need that ability often in the planetary war to come. Protected by Shar and by dead Mystra as well. The power and stability of the Weave is gone Lady in the Shadow. But other weave, the Shadow Weave, remains. Its strength will protect you, as long as you don't let it corrupt you."

Originally Posted by tekknowkub
The voice continues, "I have no name my lady. I am a fraction of Dakashi's persona made manifest through use of his mind magic.

Haspur foretold of forces beyond our realms who are here to plunder Toril. They operate strange and powerful metal machines of death...

I believe the death of Mystra is linked to this invasion but i do not have proof yet.

Haspur also foretold of heroes who would band together to save this world from destruction.
"She is one," Haspur says to the voice. "As is Dakashi and all the others fighting the invaders in the harbor. They are not Imperials, but they are dangerous. There is one amongst them who is not what he seems. A hero of the stars but a servant of the dragons. He could be useful, if he can be convinced."

"Of course I wish to save it from destruction," Silhouette murmured, her eyes narrowing a little when she spied the gem. It skittered away from her fingers though, and she decided not to try to force the issue. "I keep all my things here. So, Haspur's important, hm? Who would have guessed...?"
"We, I didn't even know, or believe," Haspur replies.

She stood again. "Thrak, bring him with us. Just to the gate. We wouldn't want him struck by a stray arrow or spell."

"Let's see this battle in the harbor for ourselves."

The towering goliath leaned down and scooped Haspur up in his hands, then carried him towards the gate in the inner city wall as Silhouette again cloaked herself in invisibility to get a relatively safe view of the conflict raging within.
"Wait! No, I do not want to go!" Haspur's lucidity vanishes as Thrak picks him up. "No! No! No! No! There is only death pass those walls!"

Thrak is forced to clamp one hand over the screaming prophet's mouth to keep him quiet, as he and Silhouette come to the open gateway of Baldur's Gate's inner wall. Parts of it have been ruined by, something. On their left, there are three large holes in the wall while the wall on the other side seems to be, melting.

But what makes Thrak stare with his mouth open is the scene that confronts them. There are men that seem to be clad in more than just armor. Four strange looking things that appear to be constructs. And there is a strange metal beast floating just above the air like an aberration he and Silhouette fought once. It is oddly shaped with a strange, is that a tentacle, on its back. If the little crystal hadn't mentioned metal men and machines of death, Thrak wouldn't believe his eyes.

Fighting alongside the metal beasts is a half-ogre holding a, bombard? There is another foe half-crouched behind a barrel; its hard to tell what he is from Thrak and Silhouette vantage point. A disembodied voice laughs manically. Arrayed against these strange villains are an even stranger group of, heroes? There is an elf and some other type of humanoid fighting the metal men. An female elf stands in the street taking aim at the orc behind the barrel. Close to her stands a short female humanoid. Right next to the inner wall, Silhouette notices a odd looking half-dragon clad in his own strange metal garb. There is also a humanoid with wings, a flying elf maybe? He seems to be a cleric of some sort.

A red-haired human looks towards Thrak and waves for him to come forward to where he's hiding behind a wagon. The wagon has several holes in it similar to the ones in the wall.

"Dakashi," the psicrystal hums. "That is the rest of me."

"Put me down!" Haspur mumbles through Thak's hand, trying to bite the goliath's fingers.

OOC: Silhouette and Thrak cannot see the hobgoblin from where they are. Round two starts now!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Bolstered by her previous attack hitting, Hadyri follows up with a flurry of blows against her armored foe. This time, however, the armor the orc man is wearing seems to absorb the kinetic energy of her strikes. Her strikes have no effect on her foe.

The celestial bear growls at the man its holding. It rakes a claw along the man's back. The man screams in either anger or horror.

"Do something," he pleads to the half-ogre.

"Why," she laughs. "Having trouble with fuzzy."

OOC: Celestial bear's grapple roll > 1d20+16=26 | Driver's grapple roll > 1d20+9=19 | Damage from bear > 1d8+8=11

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"You should have flown away," the man mocks. Kethrendil can smell the orc blood even through the strange armor.
"Oh yeah? Well, you should've stayed of-ack!" Kethrendil's witty retort was cut short the armored orc's bayonet stabbed him in the arm. He quickly dodged the second thrust. As the orc stepped back, the elf spied from the corner of his eye one of the other armored beings fire what seemed to be some sort of advanced firearms. Only, instead of bullets, this one spat out lightning!

At least its missed some of the other local defenders who joined the fight. Kethrendil refocused on his own opponent. "Thanks for the breathing room," he quipped. The elf quickly enchanted himself some resistance of lightning. Then, he lunged at the armored orc, this time channeling necromantic energies within his blade. With both hands, he swung his sword at his foe...

... and missed once more.

Kethrendil gave the orc a blank look. "Not really giving you a good first impression of the locals, am I now..."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Rodan looks greedily at the hovering vehicle, seeing it as a means of escape if he can disable the man handling the remote control. "I'm glad to see we aren't dealing with Imperials, though space pirates aren't much better. But maybe we can take their vehicle and use it to flee this place."

OOC: If Rodan still sees the person handling the remote control (Lachlan) and recognizes him as humanoid, he will cast Hold Person at him. If not, he'll target the half-ogre with the spell.

Soumral frowns at missing one of her first two shots at the orc, and continues to fire at him so long as he is within range to do so.

OOC: 16 arrows remain after these attacks.

Attack #1: 1d20+14: 20 [1d20=6]
Damage #1: 1d8+4+1d6: 12 [1d8=5] [1d6=3]

Attack #2: 1d20+9: 25 [1d20=16]
Damage #2: 1d8+4+1d6: 9 [1d8=2] [1d6=3]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Shazer'a growls, "Leave my Weesham alone...", taking off from the ground, he flies directly at the nearest window of the Harbor Master's building. As he closes with the window, (ooc: 2 options: If EMP grenades will penetrate walls, then he throws an EMP grenade through the window keep himself out of range 20' radius, if they won't he blasts all the sensors he can see with his Acid Breath). "Get to cover Nel." Shazer'a says right before he enters the window to start hunting Lachlan. Stowing his plasma rifle as he flies, he draws his monofilament axe and laser pistol as he lands inside the window.

"Roger," Nelalwe replies. She tosses her stun grenade to hit as many of the pirates as possible at one time, trying to target the one she had already tagged with her spell. She then flies over to land on the tank. "Safest place to be is the shadow of the dragon mom said."

OOC: Emp Throw (if needed) 1d20+12 = 22, Damage 1d6 Fire = 6, 8d6 Electricity (Electronics only) = 37
OR Acid Breath Damage: DC18 Reflex save 60' line; 6d8 (full damage to objects) = 34

Nelalwe Stun Grenade: 1d20+9 = 17; Damage 6d6 non-leathal = 23

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases