[Vile] Puppy-Kicking PCs at Work, part 2

Telsar

First Post
At Madame Brie’s, Loni says to Accalon “I’m not sure who’s in charge. Brie doesn’t leave that often, and when she had before it was… um, Jeleneth who dealt with the clients. I guess Jovana would be next in line. Where is she?” The girls look around for her, taking awhile to find her hiding in another room on the first floor. When they bring her out, she looks a little wild-eyed, and she says to them “Are you sure it’s dead? I saw it, I mean, what it really was. And felt it. And then Brie said she was leaving and…” The girls convince her that he’s really not coming back and the woman seems to calm down. When asked about Loni’s price, she rattles off “80 silver for the night, or 80 silver for the day.” She takes Accalon’s money (if he gives it), sits on a couch, collecting herself, then notices a blood red stain and some archon-flesh right next to her where someone wiped it, and she jumps up. She says, “Just… just get this cleaned! All of it! Right now!” and she rushes out of the room.

Loni looks a little concerned for her, then looks at Accalon, saying, “She quoted a price. I guess that means I get out of cleaning duty… if you’re ready.” She smiles at the warrior, and comes over to him, leaning against him slightly, but tenderly, trying not to cause him any discomfort with his injuries, as she leads him upstairs to some much needed rest.

Meanwhile, Aligor and T’aria get some rest too, while some of the remainder of the party (or maybe all), including Lydia and probably Gwyn, remembering the quality of cover provided by the small forest just north of Taeirn, head for there to set up camp. As far as anyone can tell, they aren’t followed, and once in the forest, they quickly set up tents and bedrolls to get their sleep.

[Note- I assumed Gwyn going to the outskirts of the city meant he’d meet up with Lydia. Sunedilar, Alev, and/or Alicia can have went with them, if they don’t have anything else they’d rather do. If they do have something they’d rather do, it will occur before the following: ]

By mid-afternoon, Aligor and T’aria are feeling much better after their naps. Aligor heads to Boone’s to discuss their travel plans to the ruins. While T’aria dresses, discarding the burned clothes for something fresh, she hears a loud pounding, like someone knocking hard on a door somewhere in the Inn. Through her closed door, she can hear the Innkeeper’s voice in the hallway, presumably at someone else’s door, saying “Yes, it was a large party, but they all left shortly after arriving. Only one of the women have come back, but she left again, so I don’t think any of them are here now.”

Then T’aria hears another voice, also familiar; the deep authoritative voice of Lieutenant Modrin. “You need to send a message to us when they get back. We just need to ask them some questions. Well, some more questions, if it’s who I think it is. When the woman came back, was she wearing a light blue dress with lacy trim?” T’aria looks at the discarded burned clothes, the ones originally taken from Elorelei’s, and realizes that’s the dress he’s talking about. The innkeeper says “No, no, she was wearing a long robe, with a Boccob symbol on it.” He mutters something like “Hmmm… none of them looked like that.” They continue to talk, but move farther down the hall, making hearing through the door impossible.

[T'aria rolled Listen 20+3=23]

Last edited:

T'aria sighs as they move away down the hall, then snickers. Seems that it's a good thing the innkeep didn't see me with Gwyn's group... but I better go before they realize the difference.... She inspects her burns. And find some healing, if possible.

She dresses and spends a bit of time altering her appearance before slipping out of the Inn, saddlebags over one shoulder. I'll just collect Shadow and be on my way....

[OOC: T'aria will try to avoid the Innkeep as well as the Lieutenant (although hopefully he's gone). She will use her disguise kit (Disguise +8) to change her appearance as much as possible from yesterday's. She's hoping to be able to get into the stable, get Shadow saddled, and lead him out before being noticed... although somehow I doubt that will happen. ;)]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Accalon Darcanda: Human/Male (Unholy Warrior)

Accalon nods in agreement while smiles affectionately at Loni while he gives a handful of gold pieces, at the agreed upon price to Jovana, but upon seeing the worry in Loni’s eyes Accalon kisses her own the forehead, and then looks deeply into her eyes as a small smile plays across his features, “I don’t mind sparing you for awhile if you think your friend and sister needs your attention. After all I do need to sleep and you’ve proven to be quite the distraction.”

Serpenteye

First Post
Telsar said:
Meanwhile, Aligor and T’aria get some rest too, while some of the remainder of the party (or maybe all), including Lydia and probably Gwyn, remembering the quality of cover provided by the small forest just north of Taeirn, head for there to set up camp. As far as anyone can tell, they aren’t followed, and once in the forest, they quickly set up tents and bedrolls to get their sleep.

[Note- I assumed Gwyn going to the outskirts of the city meant he’d meet up with Lydia. Sunedilar, Alev, and/or Alicia can have went with them, if they don’t have anything else they’d rather do. If they do have something they’d rather do, it will occur before the following:]

ooc: That's fine by me. Since Alicia sticks out in a croud it would be best to get her out of town asap.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Alev would like to get out of town as well -- this one's been used up, as far as he's concerned.

(Popping in quickly to say yes, I am still alive and following the game when I can -- just don't have a very permanent living situation or reliable internet access at the moment.)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Waking from a deep sleep, Aligor feels something wet. Bane continues liccking the dwarfs face, until he wakes up. Somewhat enraged, Aligor gets up immediately, and glares at the dog. "Damn mutt! Git outta my face!" After calming down a bit, Aligor remembers that he forgot to give Bane his scrap of meat last night. Pulling out his pack, he procures 2 pieces of meat and throws them across the room for Bane to scamper off and eat.

That sure was one helluva night! At least I got a little work out. Now it's time to git to Boone's and pick up my Urgosh. I sure hope it comes in handy...

Gathering his things, Aligor gets a quick bite to eat of some dried jerky from his pack. Calling to Bane, they head over to Boone's. Used to the city, Aligor uses the 'less travveled' rout, making sure he stays away from the overly crowded areas. When he gets to Boone's he will call out for the him, telling him that he needs to speak with him.

"Hey Boone! Git out here! I gotta question fer ya!" Looking at his items, he knows that this journey to the ruins will need for him to restock on some things to prepare. He takes a mental note of what he needs to get. Maybe he could even get Boone to run someone over to the shop area to get the things for him....

Telsar

First Post
At Madame Brie’s, Loni looks at Accalon a bit confused, then realizes who he means. "Oh, you think Jovana needs comfort? Yes, I guess she does, but she feels so superior to me, I know I couldn't do anything for her." She looks a bit sad at that, but then smiles and says, "You're the one who needs my attention." She kisses him on the cheek and leads him upstairs.

In one of the empty bedrooms (without a voyeur closet), Loni helps Accalon to undress and says "You were so very brave today. You saved us. And I don't think it was just for the money. I've seen how you look at me," she blushes at that, but then adds, "and at the other girls. I think you care about us." She lies down beside Accalon on the bed, her hands gently caressing him, careful not to touch any of the cuts and bruises. "Now... you just want to sleep? My mother used to sing me a lullaby. I'm not sure my voice will do it justice though."

At the Inn, T’aria, looking much different than before, makes her way to the stables, and readies Shadow for travel. As she leads the horse out of the stall, a voice yells out to her “That ain’t your horse!” She turns to see a blonde human boy, perhaps 10 years old. He says “I seen the girl what brought in that horse, and you ain’t her.” Apparently T’aria’s disguise has worked too well. Before she deals with the boy, however, she notices, across the street and in the shadow of a building, the glint of crossbow bolt. The crossbow is aimed in the direction of her and the boy.

[T’aria rolled Spot 17+6=23]

[BTW, I don’t think any mention of the original groups horses has been made. Should we assume they took them to Madame Brie’s, or did you return to the Inn for them, or are they still at the Inn and you went by foot? Alicia would have to go by foot regardless unless a special mount was found.]

Meanwhile, Aligor calls out to Boone in front of his antique’s shop. The human comes out with a dirty rag in his hand, apparently from cleaning something, and says “What are you doing here? You couldn’t have gotten in trouble that quickly!” Suddenly, something hits Aligor from behind, something that bursts open, covering the dwarf in a yellow goo. Even as the dwarf turns around to see who did this, the goo begins to harden, particularly around his feet, making walking, let alone running, impossible until the hardened gunk is scraped off. Boone says, “Aw, damn. Guess you could have at that.”

[Aligor failed a Spot check to see his attacker. Was hit. Aligor rolled Reflex save 9+2=11, failed, to see if the goo stuck him to the ground.]

The person responsible steps out from behind a cart fifty feet away where he had been hiding. He’s a tall man, with long black braided hair, wearing dark, loose fitting clothes with a number of odd symbols emblazoned on it. He says “Did you think you could betray Hex and get away with it? He knows you didn’t do the job he hired you for. He knows you set the authorities on him. And he knows you killed three of his men. Have anything to say before I collect the bounty on your head?” Not particularly waiting for a response, he holds his hands out, in a manner Aligor has seen often enough… the beginnings of someone casting a spell.

[Characters by Initiative:
Aligor, unhurt
Boone, unhurt
Bane, HPs:5/6
Wizard, unhurt

Note: Bane will get back his one HP when he rests, but since he was guarding, he wasn't resting.]

In the unnamed forest, north of Taeirn, the party members rest comfortably for a few hours. Alicia, not fitting in a tent, rests on the hard ground with one of the party’s extra bedrolls for a pillow. But at one point during a dream about her enjoyable time with the late Anton (Elorelei’s driver), she thinks she hears a loud rustling sound coming from outside the bedroom. But then her eyes pop open and she realizes she’s not in that bedroom. She still thinks she heard the noise, though. The others continue to sleep soundly in their tents.

[Alicia rolled 19 on a default Listen check. Note, I had no idea if the party kept someone on watch. But with Alicia outside and everyone so tired, I assumed the party would expect any threats to attack her first anyway, and so not worry about a watch this one time.]

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Accalon Darcanda: Human/Male (Unholy Warrior)

Accalon looks sleepily at Loni as he rolls over to face her and to hold her, “I guess my feelings are rather obvious around you… Your quite right, the money was not my prime reason, you need my help, and so did your sister. I care for them to but not nearly as much as I do you. Does it bother you that I care for your sisters?”

Giving a loving smile he wraps her up tightly as they legs intertwine, “I’m sure your voices is that of a song bird, and just sleep for awhile… After that we can wear each outer out properly and sleep together… If you don’t mind that is?”

OOC: He can fall asleep in the middle of her sound and after she replies, I figure he’s tired enough to hold any questions for her until he wakes up. Everything in between him fallowing asleep and him waking to meet the others can be brushed over… Suffice it to say that he’s loving and tender with her.

Cepter

First Post
Sunedilar al Hazir, Human/Male Fighter

After seeing the mass of soldiers at the burned out church, Sunedilar became all too aware that he was not going to be getting. He quickly rejoined the others in moving away from the city, avoiding patrols as much as possible on the way.

Serpenteye

First Post
Telsar said:
In the unnamed forest, north of Taeirn, the party members rest comfortably for a few hours. Alicia, not fitting in a tent, rests on the hard ground with one of the party’s extra bedrolls for a pillow. But at one point during a dream about her enjoyable time with the late Anton (Elorelei’s driver), she thinks she hears a loud rustling sound coming from outside the bedroom. But then her eyes pop open and she realizes she’s not in that bedroom. She still thinks she heard the noise, though. The others continue to sleep soundly in their tents.

[Alicia rolled 19 on a default Listen check. Note, I had no idea if the party kept someone on watch. But with Alicia outside and everyone so tired, I assumed the party would expect any threats to attack her first anyway, and so not worry about a watch this one time.]

Alicia wakes up from her dream covered in sweat, still groaning slightly in recollection of yesterday. The sound of his ribs breaking as she crushed him under her weight in the final throes of passion still echoes in her ears... But no, there was something else. A noice, here, now.
Her instincts kick in as she looks around the campsite and creeps slowly to a crouching position. Holding her sword in both hands (but with her armour still on the ground) she looks around for an intruder.

Remove ads