Virtual Happy Hour (Brews & Spirits, Pics & Reviews)

Zardnaar

Legend
Hazy Pilsner, bit if a failure on the hazy part but quite a nice beer. Slightly hoppy flavoured pilsner. 4/5 very good.

IMG_20210204_180846.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
Stinky hot day here so went I'ma mission. Craft beer section at supermarket.

IMG_20210205_125606.jpg

That's half of it. 5 million people 200+ microbreweries.

Came home with these.

IMG_20210205_141054.jpg

NZ, Aussie, Samoa and
Europe represent.

Might have to drink them fast so they don't go off.

Zardnaar

Legend
Vailima The taste of Samoa.

IMG_20210205_142547.jpg

Found this in the bottle store. Never had a Samoan beer before. Expectations were low due to looking like NZ lager . It comes in a 750ml bottle. 6.7% abv 4 standard drinks per bottle.

On the way home however I remembered th a Germans used to rule Samoa. Until New Zealand invaded erm liberated in WW1 from the oppressive German empire to the NZ erm glorious British empire.

Germans make decent beer and ex German breweries exist around the world.

Beer advocate had it as well.

82/100 pretty damn good for typical lager expectations switched to somewhat enthusiastic.

First sip somewhat disappointed. Tasted like an NZ generic lager from the 1980s. More investigation required. Further down the bottle it's a lot smoother with a pleasant sort of sweet after taste. A lot smoother than our generic 1980s only option. Stronger as well.

Overall pretty damn good. The Beer advocate one is fair enough, not bad for lager type beer and 6.7% bit of a kick. At $4.50usd a bottle I may have to do my bit to support the Samoan export economy since they're reliant on tourism.

Thumbs up few bottles of this more than two thumbs. Do d I mention nice aftertaste.

Zardnaar

Legend
Murica American Pale Ale. Behomoth Brewing Company

IMG_20210205_153731.jpg

IMG_20210205_153808.jpg

APAs tend to have less hops than an IPA. In NZ IPAs basically mean more hops, add more hops on top of extra hops.

When your beer starts to taste like fruit salad you may have gone to far.

6% abv, 1.6 standard drinks per can. Behemoth normally make a good brew and they use a lot of satire to sell their beer. Their Dump the Trump seasonal brew sold out fast never got to try it.

This APA is slightly fruity but the hop flavour isn't overpowering. By our standards that's subtle. Very smooth nice aftertaste. Quite like this one. I don't think it's on beer advocate but yeah probably best beer I have had recently.

4.5/5. Almost as good as my favorite Russian APA/IPA.

Well damn I'm wrong.

Only one review at 4.3.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Victorian Bitter AKA VB
IMG_20210205_161604.jpg

Aussies favorite beer by volume. Generic lager bad memories from the 90s. Gets a whopping 5.9 on beer advocate.

This beer has a terrible reputation. I haven't drunk it since the 90's. It doesn't even pretend to be good. A meh beer from Russia tastes better.

On the positives.
It's a lager
It looks like a lager.
Better than expected.

It has an unpleasant smell. Taste was a bit of a surprise. I was expecting terrible but it managed to sneak in at barely drinkable. After two other beers though it might help. It's also 4.9% so it's a bit stronger than our typical 4% generic ales that manage to taste even worse.

This is not a good beer. On the plus side better than expected. I'm having it on a best case scenario. Half cut on other beers hot summer day.

Overall congrats Australia. Your crap beer is marginally better than our crap beer. I might be able to finish the can which is an improvement over out crap beer and it's stronger. 5/10 maybe drink if it's a hot day and the boss paid for it. Budweiser is a masterpiece by comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_20210205_161604.jpg
    IMG_20210205_161604.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 85

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Victorian Bitter AKA VB
View attachment 132204

Aussies favorite beer by volume. Generic lager bad memories from the 90s. Gets a whopping 5.9 on beer advocate.

This beer has a terrible reputation. I haven't drunk it since the 90's. It doesn't even pretend to be good.

On the positives.
It's a lager
It looks like a lager.

It has an unpleasant smell. Taste was a bit of a surprise. I was expecting terrible but it managed to sneak in at barely drinkable. After two other beers though it might help. It's also 4.9% so it's a bit stronger than our typical 4% generic ales that manage to taste even worse.

This is not a good beer. On the plus side better than expected. I'm having it on a best case scenario. Half cut on other beers hot summer day.

Overall congrats Australia. Your crap beer is marginally better than our crap beer. I might be able to finish the can which is an improvement over out crap beer and it's stronger. 5/10 maybe drink if it's a hot day and the boss paid for it. Budweiser is a masterpiece by comparison.
Sounds like Maryland's own infamously bad beer, National Bohemian.

But Natty Boh to us Marylanders.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases