What Can Change the Nature of a Man? Anyone else a fan of Planescape Torment

TheSword

Legend
With the release of Planescape in October set in the wonderful city of Sigil I’ll definitely be retuning to my IPad and Ragpickers square to remind myself of the world.

Who else loved this game and why?

For me it was the amazing characters - Ravel Puzzlewell, Morte, Dakkon, Triel, Fall-From-Grace, Ignus, Pharod and many many more.

Amazing locations - The Pillar of skills, Curst, The Great Foundry, The Mortuary, The Civic Festhall and the Brothel of Slaking Intellectual Lusts.

Amazing plot - What can change the Nature of a man.

A main character that looked like a human callus

Any highlights for people?

4C5ACDE3-8062-4CF7-8F07-B01DF82C71C5.jpeg

MarkB

Legend
The sensory stone gallery, finding a stone holding the memory of the lover of one of your darkest former selves.

Simultaneously experiencing her memory of events through the stone while it stirs your own memory of the scene from your point of view, so that you're seeing your character from outside, from the viewpoint of someone who loves him and sees his absolute perfection and sincerity - while at the same time remembering the scene from your perspective, where every word you speak is a lie, and you're struggling to hold in your contempt for this presumptuous pawn just long enough to manipulate her into sacrificing everything for you.

Just viscerally chilling, the writing in the game is incredible.

TheSword

Legend
The art gallery of planar art where each piece is a quasi magical construct like…

The Dark Birds of Ocanthus.
Several shards of black crystal - or ice - swirled within the freezing wind that this ornate pedestal gave forth. Each shard looked razor sharp; touching or grabbing one could be perilous.

Commentary: "All of them are chipped from the great magical sheet of black, infinite ice that rests in the black belly of the Plane of Ocanthus. It is said that this sheet of ice is the final destination of the River Styx, and that the recollections of all that have plunged into the Styx's memory-destroying waters still lie frozen within the ice."

Mad_Jack

Legend
I loved that game - didn't play it when it came out, but picked it up on Steam later on. Unfortunately, it started changing the dimensions of my monitor when I left the game and I'd have to rearrange/replace all my desktop icons every time... :rolleyes:

I'd love to get back to it and finish the game. It had possibly the most in-depth and impressive storyline of any game I've ever seen. It was a masterpiece. And seriously deserves to be updated to modern graphic and gameplay standards.

TheSword

Legend
I loved that game - didn't play it when it came out, but picked it up on Steam later on. Unfortunately, it started changing the dimensions of my monitor when I left the game and I'd have to rearrange/replace all my desktop icons every time... :rolleyes:

I'd love to get back to it and finish the game. It had possibly the most in-depth and impressive storyline of any game I've ever seen. It was a masterpiece. And seriously deserves to be updated to modern graphic and gameplay standards.
It actually works very well on iOS. There was originally a resolution issue for that too where it appeared tiny. I logged onto it today and it worked fine, they added screen scaling with a pinch. Might be worth retrying to see if they updated the PC version too.

Dioltach

Legend
Loved it. Played it through, deleted my saved games and played it through again.

The character interactions, the different locations, the graphics, the sheer inventiveness and quality of the story-telling. Realising that I could talk to characters that had been in my party for ages, and they'd constantly reveal new information.

And I'll admit to having a minor crush on Annah-of-the-Shadows (the nature of this particular man doesn't change much, I realise now).

Loved it. Played it through, deleted my saved games and played it through again.

The character interactions, the different locations, the graphics, the sheer inventiveness and quality of the story-telling. Realising that I could talk to characters that had been in my party for ages, and they'd constantly reveal new information.

And I'll admit to having a minor crush on Annah-of-the-Shadows (the nature of this particular man doesn't change much, I realise now).
Sheena Easton made her voice extra sultry for Annah

aco175

Legend
I was trying to think where I heard that quote before. 1994 On Deadly Ground where Steven Segal before he beats up the oil rig guy.

Hey, everyone it's Cupcake.
1685109212351.png

What does it take to change the essence of a man?

1685109291831.png

I just need some time.

Attachments

• 1685109275229.png
    1685109275229.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 31

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases