Whence the Animated Statue? (D&D Insider Tools)

nogray

Adventurer
I was playing around with the encounter builder tool on D&D Insider, throwing together some encounters for a game Sunday, when I noticed a listing for an Animated Statue (Level 2 Elite Brute). It fits my encounter pretty well, so I'd like to use it. There is one problem, though: I don't know where to find the stats for it. I've looked in the Moster Manual, Keep on the Shadowfell, and Thunderspire Labyrinth, but I suppose I might have missed it. Can someone out there help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

fba827

Adventurer
I have a sneaking suspicion (based on it's name alone, and the fact that it isn't in the MM) that this was the monster from Into the Shadowhaunt. Into the Shadowhaunt was the WotC adventure for D&D Game Day in early June.

Now I can't confirm that since I was only a player of that module so I don't know it's stats, but just a hunch.

nogray

Adventurer
Thanks for the replies. Can someone tell me either how to legally and legitimately access that adventure or post up (or email to me) the stat block for that one creature? (If this is inappropriate due to copyright or other legal matters, please don't.)

I'd certainly appreciate it ... though my players might not be so happy. ;)

Thanks again!

The_Fan

First Post
I don't know if we can post it here. I have it in front of me if we can, but I gotta say...they are NASTY. Two of them will curbstomp your players. Literally.

Mr. Teapot

First Post
D&D Insider apps seem to occasionally have half-finished content show up in them, including stuff from earlier (playtest) versions of the rules that were cut for some reason. Like the alternative Rogue and Warlord builds that were in the Compendium.

I wonder if there are some other new monsters lurking in the encounter builder, waiting for someone to spot their entry. I know I'm too lazy to read the whole list to find out.

fba827

Adventurer
D&D Insider apps seem to occasionally have half-finished content show up in them, including stuff from earlier (playtest) versions of the rules that were cut for some reason. Like the alternative Rogue and Warlord builds that were in the Compendium.

A random thought, but those alt-builds could just be material about to be released in the Martial Power book. (whether it was developed for that book specifically or stuff that they didn't have space for in the first PHB is a different matter entirely).

nogray

Adventurer
Moderator Permission/Opinion

Given the kind people in posts 5 and 8 with access to the information, I wonder if a moderator could weigh in on whether it is advisable to post the stat block for the animated statue from the game day adventure. Nothing further about the adventure, just the stats for that one monster.

Thanks!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases