Where I've Been: DJing

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
I've been very rarely on ENWorld of late - for a a year or so that was because I was primarily over on CM (where I'm one of the jerks that occasionally pretends to run the place), but mostly because I've been spending a lot of my time that isn't at work or with family doing something I used to do a lot, but stopped for years.

DJing.

I started working with my music collection (mostly Industrial) again in January, and started going out to events inside by scene (goth / industrial) that month and pimping myself as a DJ.

Seems some of the people out there believed me. Sure, I was a DJ, but by the time I handled a live rig again professionally, I was already booked to play 3 more gigs.

Now I'm spinning every 3-4 weeks as a house DJ at Ottawa's Re-Vamp on Saturday nights, and I do occasional gigs in Montreal at Burning Mondays. Plus I do guest gigs - last week I spun the whole night at North America's longest-running Industrial night (Industrial Strength Tuesdays at Zaphod Beeblebrox in Ottawa).

Anyways, yeah, that's where I've been. I'm back here right now because of the ENnies - I'm the PR guy and I run the dream date auctions, so I had to drag my sorry ass back to ENWorld. Plus I still game a lot, just not D&D3 or D&D4 - I'm running CyberPunk 2020, Lacuna Part 1, B/X D&D and Scion right now, with a Vampire: the Requiem chronicle I go back and forth with on occasion.

If you are interested in hearing what I've been spinning, check out my mixes:

http://guillotine-101.livejournal.com - the mix I uploaded this week is actually stuff I put together on the two gigs I played last week, so is very representative of my DJing style - mostly new-ish Industrial music.

VorpalWarrior69

First Post
That's great stuff. I'd definitely show for those tunes. The only thing that I see you missing that I'd love to add in would be some Slick Idiot. Oh...and I'd play more Pigface...just on principle.

Glad to hear that you are connecting back with your love of music. I just reformed my college punk-metal band, after 10 years of jobbing it. It's a lot more fun this time around (probably cause I'm older, employed, and just generally more cantankerous).

Remove ads