Where would you place Freeport in GH?

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
The question I would like to ask you is quite simple. Where would you place Freeport in GH? I am basically a GH newbie, I only have the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer.

Rav

caudor

Adventurer
I would suggest 10 hexes due south of the Olman Islands. That's a bit off the color map, but if you see it relation to the continent view in the Greyhawk Gaz., it seems to fit there -- somewhere in that vast ocean. It is also a good place for an empire lost beneath the waves.

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
caudor said:
I would suggest 10 hexes due south of the Olman Islands. That's a bit off the color map, but if you see it relation to the continent view in the Greyhawk Gaz., it seems to fit there -- somewhere in that vast ocean. It is also a good place for an empire lost beneath the waves.
Since I want to do the trilogy at least, and perhaps play up the role of the series' antagonists, that does seem like it would fit better than the Wild Coast.

Still, if anyone else has any suggestions, I'm eager to hear them.

Rav

Inferno!

Explorer
I've placed it in the Azure Sea south/southwest of the Principality of Ulek between Fairwind Isle and the Pomarj. Its far enough south to have a subtropical climate, and provides the pirates easy access to the sea routes

Pramas

Explorer
Ravellion said:
The question I would like to ask you is quite simple. Where would you place Freeport in GH? I am basically a GH newbie, I only have the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer.

FYI, I had the Lordship of the Isles in mind when designing Freeport. You'll note some parallels with the Brotherhood of the Yellow Sign and their influence on Freeport with the Scarlet Brotherhood and their influence on the Lordship.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Pramas said:
FYI, I had the Lordship of the Isles in mind when designing Freeport. You'll note some parallels with the Brotherhood of the Yellow Sign and their influence on Freeport with the Scarlet Brotherhood and their influence on the Lordship.
I think I can bluff my players into saying that I said "scarlet sign" this session, instead of "yellow sign" ;)

Cool, thanks.

Rav

RichGreen

Adventurer
Inferno! said:
I've placed it in the Azure Sea south/southwest of the Principality of Ulek between Fairwind Isle and the Pomarj. Its far enough south to have a subtropical climate, and provides the pirates easy access to the sea routes

Hi,

Great minds think alike! My Freeport is approximately 200 miles south of Gryrax.

Cheers

Richard

Kalendraf

Explorer
My previous weekly campaign used Freeport in Greyhawk. I placed Freeport in the Solnor ocean, slightly southeast of the Sea Baron's region.

In retrospect, Pramas' suggestion for using the Lordship of the Isles indeed does make more sense.

Remove ads