D&D 1E Why would A Slaver with a cash only policy refuse to swap slaves worth 2.6 million gold for 7 Baronies that would normally each cost 500,000 gold

JMISBEST

Explorer
Last night I had the weirdest Dnd Dream I've ever had. I mean seriously who would be this stupid?, after all some GM's I've known have had troll kings that wouldn't do something this daft

Basically theirs A country that lets people, even foreigners, that can afford to buy both A noble title and A domain to go with it. Sadly if your only buying 1 title then you must buy a domain to go with it but a loophole allows a buyer to buy 2 titles but only 1 domain

Its king is on a visit to another country and whilst riding through the market and notices that A Slaver has a group of 152 child Slaves that between 2 years younger and 2 years older then his nieces nephew, he's 7 and their ages range from 5 to 9, that he thinks they boy will like, their prices from from 8,000 Gold to 20,000 Gold and they have a combined price of 2.6 million gold

Sadly he doesn't have anywhere near that much local currency but he is willing to give the Slaver 5 Nobles Titles that each come with A Domain, all 7 titles are of fairly senior Baron and all 7 domains are A Large Barony and the 7 domains would normally cost 500,000 Gold each but The Slaver said no

Why?, because the Slaver that has never took anything other then cash and has always refused to take anything other then cash, but the guys clearly mad. I mean the slaves are only worth a total of 2.6 million gold and the king was offering to exchange them for 7 Nobles Titles that each come with A Domain, all 7 titles are of fairly senior Baron and all 7 domains are A Large Barony and normally the cost of both that title and that domain would be 500,000 Gold each

I mean seriously? the slaves the king wanted are only worth 2.6 million Gold but he was offering 7 Nobles Titles that each come with A Domain, all 7 sets are worth 700,000 Gold, that's a total of 3.5 million gold, what's worse is that even if the foreign king was offering goods and not noble titles that each come with A Domain the slaver would still be getting a pretax profit of 900,000 Gold

aco175

Legend
I'm reminded of the saying, "Jesus gets credit- all others pay cash."

But seriously, 152 children worth 2.6 Mil gold seems crazy. Unless they spin gold or something.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I dont understand the words coming out of this post but this does come to mind;
day girlfriend GIF

JMISBEST

Explorer
I'm reminded of the saying, "Jesus gets credit- all others pay cash."

But seriously, 152 children worth 2.6 Mil gold seems crazy. Unless they spin gold or something.
Ooops I forget to mention that the reason their value is so high is because their human slaves in a country were roughly 78.4% of the slaves are either Elves or Half Elves

Last edited:

JMISBEST

Explorer
I also forgot to mention that in the country in question human slaves under the age of 11 are so rare that on average they will sell for between 3 times and 6 times what they would sell for in a country with a similar economy

For example in the country in question those 152 human slaves under the age of 11 were individually worth between 8,000 gold each and 20,000 gold each and had a combined value of 2.6 million gold

But a country with a similar economy those 152 human slaves under the age of 11 would individually sell for between 1,380 gold each and 6,140 gold each and would have a combined save value of 593,900 gold

Last edited:

Argyle King

Legend
In the slaver's eyes, cash may be easier to use (so as to get tangible goods and services they want to purchase).

The lands and domains have value, but it's not necessarily easy to access or liquidate that value.

In a similar way, a celebrity's net worth is often a very different value than what they actually have available to use.

aco175

Legend
Ooops I forget to mention that the reason their value is so high is because their human slaves in a country were roughly 78.4% of the slaves are either Elves or Half Elves
So,,,,, you pay 20 times more for a human when you you can get an elf that would work 20 times longer before they get old. You could will your elf slaves to your children and great-grandchildren.

Remove ads