Wicked Ones is out! It's like Dungeon Keeper meets Blades in the Dark. Build dungeons, kill adventurers. 360pg, full-color, tons of art..

Ben Nielson

Villager
Hey, I just released Wicked Ones a few days ago. It's a Forged in the Dark game heavily inspired by Dungeon Keeper and other dungeon core games. It's about a group of fantasy monsters building a dungeon, launching raids on the surface to gather a hoard, and pursuing your nefarious master plan. Along the way, there’s pillaging, rituals, concoctions, contraptions, discoveries deep in the ground, dungeon rooms, traps, creatures, minions, and way more! You build your dungeon together and it grows over time throughout a campaign. It's really emergent - no two dungeons are ever going to be alike.

The book is illustrated by a single artist, Victor Costa. We worked together to create a style that matched just the right tone of "evil" for the game and maintain a visual consistency/quality throughout the entire bok. If you dig the art, the game's probably worth it for that alone. There are 50 full-page illustrations and like 200 smaller ones.

Anyway, the DTRPG product page or Wicked Ones homepage cover it in more detail than I could here. The game's a 2 year labor of love from both Victor and myself. We're pumped that it's out (and doing great, #2 on DTRPG's bestselling list!) and think you'll enjoy it, too. Feel free to ask any questions here if you'd like!

I'll attach a few photos, though there are many more on the above two sites. The DTRPG page also has the entire first chapter and table of contents available in the preview file.

Front-WO.png

WO-Brute.jpg

WO-Enclave.jpg

You can get the game here: Wicked Ones - Bandit Camp | DriveThruRPG.com

Aldarc

Legend
This game appeals to me at least in part because of a one-shot that I ran where the players played the monsters trying to stop the treasure-hunting adventurers.

Remove ads