D&D 5E WizKids Icons of the Realms Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons set now available

RavinRay

Explorer
Did this one fly under the radar? The official WizKids page for this set was up a couple of weeks ago and now all the figures are available in various bundles. If you want all of them prepare to shell out $749.99 for the 57-figure Collector’s Edition Box which includes the exclusive Hollow Dragon.

dragons13-422287-MlnlEFSH-600x600.jpg

For gem dragon enthusiasts, there are amethyst and crystal dragon figures on the same scale as the previous sapphire and emerald dragons, as well as a new sapphire dragon, but no topaz unfortunately. It's represented by two wyrmlings, as are the amethyst, crystal, and moonstone as well. Why a second sapphire instead of the missing topaz is included puzzles me. I'm riffling through my Fizban's Treasury of Dragons and can't find a sapphire in this pose.

dragons15-250414-F3UFuaWl.jpg

Nitpicking here but I'm a bit miffed that the crystals dragons are a touch yellow but that may be due to the lighting for the photos so there's that.

Anyone planning to get that massive Collector's Edition or the various packs?

ad_hoc

(they/them)
This is a good set. I picked up 2 super boosters and 3 regular boosters.

Some of the super booster minis are basically gargantuans on a huge base (which has a circle on it indicating the creature's true size of large). In Canada I can get them for $35 which is a good value.

The regular boosters have a lot to offer and the singles are going for quite high rates right now. Much higher mark up than the super booster minis.

I would have gotten a brick but I don't like a couple of the big uncommons like the metallic peacekeeper.

pukunui

Legend
I am very disappointed that I am going to have to pass on this set. I wanted to get multiples of the draconians to build up war bands and such but they’re just too expensive on the singles market now and international shipping is prohibitively expensive. 😭

Did this one fly under the radar? The official WizKids page for this set was up a couple of weeks ago and now all the figures are available in various bundles. If you want all of them prepare to shell out $749.99 for the 57-figure Collector’s Edition Box which includes the exclusive Hollow Dragon.

dragons13-422287-MlnlEFSH-600x600.jpg

For gem dragon enthusiasts, there are amethyst and crystal dragon figures on the same scale as the previous sapphire and emerald dragons, as well as a new sapphire dragon, but no topaz unfortunately. It's represented by two wyrmlings, as are the amethyst, crystal, and moonstone as well. Why a second sapphire instead of the missing topaz is included puzzles me. I'm riffling through my Fizban's Treasury of Dragons and can't find a sapphire in this pose.

dragons15-250414-F3UFuaWl.jpg

Nitpicking here but I'm a bit miffed that the crystals dragons are a touch yellow but that may be due to the lighting for the photos so there's that.

Anyone planning to get that massive Collector's Edition or the various packs?

Side note, the Gem Dragons got MtG cards with n adventure on it.

They changed the way the random boosters usually work with this set.
This time there were the usual boosters with one large and three medium/small, but there were also super-boosters that only contained one huge based mini, for almost double the price of a regular booster.

Which was bad for two reasons, it felt like the large minis in the regular boosters were more likely to be doubles as there were less larger minis available. And paying for a random mini that costs as much as one of the source books was just too prohibiting, (I bought a couple of super-boosters as I was really keen for this set, but there's no way I'd risk getting the same mini again at that price)

It's a shame, because it was a really nice set, I hope this isn't a continuing trend.

Jahydin

Hero
I'm confused about the price. You can buy a sealed Fizban booster box for $600 retail that guarantees every mini in the set along with plenty of extras and the promo box (104 miniatures total +8 promos).

This one has less than half of that set (46) plus the two dragons ($220 retail).

How is this thing priced at $750 when for an extra $110 you can get 57 more miniatures!?

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I'm confused about the price. You can buy a sealed Fizban booster box for $600 retail that guarantees every mini in the set along with plenty of extras and the promo box (104 miniatures total +8 promos).

This one has less than half of that set (46) plus the two dragons ($220 retail).

How is this thing priced at $750 when for an extra $110 you can get 57 more miniatures!?

The MSRP of the case is about $800. It is just that stores sell it for $600.

The collectors editions are in short supply and are often sold at the MSRP of $750.

In Canada a case of Fizbans is $730 CAD but CEs are usually sold at $750 CAD.

Unfortunately I have only seen 1 store get a single copy and they sold it at $805 CAD.

People want the 8 promo wyrmlings and the hollow dragon which is a great mini.

Also when you get a case you only get 1 of the 4 promo boxes. 2 of the 8 wyrmlings.

Remove ads