Knightfall's World of Kulan Campaign Maps (Updated: July 2022)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
More about the Woodwall
I didn't just want another "stone wall" that separates two lands. That's overdone, IMO. The Woodwall was a nice option, although it's not a "true" wall in the sense of the word. But it's still very defendable, although a dragon would likely destroy it easily. But then again, dragons, in my world, don't go around wrecking things just because they feel like it or are "evil."

Hmm, I could see the local green dragon using the Woodwall's pointy logs as a backscratchers. :p

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
REVISED MAP: Verdalf Forest Region

Map has been renamed and revised. A new version will be posted at the end of the thread.

Verdalf Forest Region.jpg

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Knightfall, I am curious to know if you have done a map that covers the entirety of your homebrew and or maybe a rendered piece of what your world looks like from orbit. I ask because I am putting together an atlas and such pieces would help add to the flair of its cover.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Knightfall, I am curious to know if you have done a map that covers the entirety of your homebrew and or maybe a rendered piece of what your world looks like from orbit. I ask because I am putting together an atlas and such pieces would help add to the flair of its cover.
Here is an image I have of the whole planet. Also see the attached image of the scale symbol for this map. That will give you an idea of the planet's scale.

EDIT: Note that the scale is now six times more than what is on the scale bar. -KF

attachment.php
World of Kulan Scale.JPG

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Jürgen Hubert said:
Are you using a graphics tablet for these maps?

I found that having one saves a lot of time with the "squiggly lines"...

No, I don't have a graphics tablet. CC2 Pro can do squiggly lines all by itself. I can either draw them straight and then fractalize them afterward or use the Fractal Polygon Map Land tool.

And while I would like to have a graphics tablet someday, right now my computer setup is really crowded over very limited space.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:
No, I don't have a graphics tablet. CC2 Pro can do squiggly lines all by itself. I can either draw them straight and then fractalize them afterward or use the Fractal Polygon Map Land tool.

Well, AutoRealm can also do fractal lines, and it still speeded up the process a lot that I used a tablet and placed the dots between which I wanted to do the factal lines with it.

Really, a tablet is so much more convenient for any kind of drawing than a mouse that it's not even funny.

And while I would like to have a graphics tablet someday, right now my computer setup is really crowded over very limited space.

Well, I normally place the tablet on top of my computer when I am not using it, and on my lap when I do - but I have a very comfy chair... ;)

Incidentally, how slow does CC2 get when you use a lot of individual icons?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Jürgen Hubert said:
Well, AutoRealm can also do fractal lines, and it still speeded up the process a lot that I used a tablet and placed the dots between which I wanted to do the factal lines with it.

Really, a tablet is so much more convenient for any kind of drawing than a mouse that it's not even funny.

Well, I normally place the tablet on top of my computer when I am not using it, and on my lap when I do - but I have a very comfy chair... ;)

All that is good advice and comments, but there is also the fact I don't have the money for a graphics tablet.

Jürgen Hubert said:
Incidentally, how slow does CC2 get when you use a lot of individual icons?

Um, really slow, but it also depends on the computer used. I now have a 1 GHz Pentium III with lots of drive space and memory. (It was my Christmas present last year.) I also have a cordless keyboard and mouse, which makes my life a lot easier.

I wouldn't want to try and run AutoCAD or the latest version of Poser on my PC, but it gets the job done for CC2 Pro.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
NEW MAP: Reth Mountains Region

Okay, here's a new map I just did today, the RETH MOUNTAINS REGION. It basically connect my "Around Eversink" map (post #109) to my "Anthmoor Region" map (post #19).

This map shown the entire Reth Mountain Range, which is surrounded on all sides by the Storm Jungle. The bulk of the jungle is controlled by the catmen of The Tabaxi Sovereignty, although the mountains and northwestern part of the jungle is controlled by the Reth Tribes.

The Reth Tribes are groups of evil humanoids that have banded together behind the power of Reth City. The Reth tribes are made up of mountain orcs, gnoll, ogres, trolls, and other evil giants. (They have a tentative alliance with the tabaxi.) The Reth Tribes are led by whoever has the power to hold Reth City, and it is believed that the denizen of Vannar Tower is their ally. This powerful spellcaster is said to be in league with demons and has "evil" vermin as his/her servants.

It didn't take the tabaxi long to reconquer the Storm Jungle from the lesser humanoids (tasloi, humans) that had moved in and taken over. These tribes have now been subjugated by the tabaxi, for the most part, although some humanoid tribes have evaded the tabaxi by always remaining on the move. The Storm Jungle is a big place, after all.

Most of the communities located within the Storm Jungle were built by the tabaxi, in ages past, but were left unoccupied when they were banished by Mirella. The humans and tasloi tribes rarely used the smaller communities, but had moved into the larger towns, such as Hutham, Taggar, and Tanggcol. The tribes avoided the evil towers and temples of the tabaxi like the plague, however.

The High Priest of Tattenger, Merown [NE male tabaxi Clr20 (Tu) / Epic5], has led the tabaxi since their return and he's likely to be their supreme ruler for years to come. Merown is fanatically loyal to Tu, and he hates all other humanoids. He believes humans are little more than pests to be exterminated. Merown has already restored the ancient temple of Tu-shal and is planning to have a ziggurat built near the Town of Hutham, so more human sacrifices can be made in the name of Tu.

Other ancient structures that have been reclaimed include the towers known as Uhers and Veng'Sa'Mar, as well as the fortress called Felinhall. Most of the smaller communities are still half-ruined, but it's only a matter of time until all of these structures are completely restored. Another ancient tabaxi structure, the mountain chateau called Gebralt is one of the few that hasn't been reclaimed by the tabaxi. Something even more sinister than the tabaxi lives there now, and it won't give the chateau up.

This map also shows parts of the following nations and city-states: The Storm Domain, the City of Storms, the Monarachy of Avion, and the Despotism of Viwe.

The Storm Domain is ruled from the City of Anthmoor, which is to the southwest, on the tip of the Storm Peninsula. The City of Hutmallia is part of this land, as is the Town of Linnesburg. However, the communities west of Hutmallia are allied to the City of Tallawan, instead. Iagi Castle is the strongest defendable locale outside the city walls of Hutmallia and Tallawan. (The citizens of the Storm Domain and the City of Storms are currently hard pressed by the tabaxi.)

Only the most southern part of the Monarchy of Avion is visible on this map, including the City of Ilasi. The Ruins of Tladi are of a city-state that was independant, in this region. It was one of the first cities to fall when the tabaxi attacked. The communities on the northwestern side of the Storm Peninsula are part of the island nation known as the Despotisim of Viwe. This land, full of evil headhunters, is led from Viwe City on Tor Island. It's leader is a hobgoblin named Galuk Margguk [NE male hobgoblin Ftr12]. He is known as The High Despot, and has made a pact of nonagression with Merown.

Cheers!

KF

Reth Mountains Region.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads