Knightfall's World of Kulan Campaign Maps (Updated: July 2022)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
NEW MAP: Isle of Dread
Here's a map I created for World of Kulan that reproduces the Isle of Dread on my world. I used the Savage Tide map as a guide.

Isle of Dread.jpg

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
SERPENT'S TEETH REGION
(Some of the text below is updated from an earlier post.)

Arek
Calrendia
"Calrendia is made up of several smaller allied nations and territories."
— From Black Robes, White Hearts: Enigma of the Arcanexus​

Since the Arekoz website has disappeared into the Internet mist, I can't really say much about Calrendia. The excerpt above is taken directly from White Robes, Black Hearts: Enigma of the Arcanexus (EotA). Note, however, since my Calrendia is very close to the equator, the land will be portrayed differently. (No knights in heavy platemail in my version of Calrendia.) I'm thinking eagle and jaguar knights combined with some European-style flavor. (Hmm . . .)

Empire of Mhul, the
"Mhul is an empire that has been in decline for over a thousand years."

Another region from the Arekoz Campaign Setting; this one isn't as vitally important for EotA beyond the fact that the chief bad guys are from Mhul. In my campaign world, Mhul will be connected to the past given for Freeport (i.e. the lost Empire of the Serpents). The land is going to be full of evil necromancers and their ghulish servants as well as the White Robes. I expect a sort of "ju-ju" vibe for Mhul with dark jungles and savage hills.

Gateway, The City of Living Waters
The City of Gateway is one of the most important and largest cities in this region that isn't located on a sea coast. Dark Portal Games created a free PDF detailing Gateway, which I still have, but I don't think it is available online anywhere, anymore. Therefore, I'll likely post a stat-block for Gateway based on the one in the PDF but with my own "twists" added in. (FYI: The PDF was co-wrote by none other than our own Darrin Drader, and he and I co-wrote EotA along with Tony Bounds.)

Vehrmon
"Vehrmon is ruled by its wealthy merchants and its religious leaders."

That's all I've got. I guess that means I have to make up the rest. ;)

The Serpent's Teeth
Freeport
The Serpents Teeth — the islands known as Leeward, T'wik, Windward, and the large central island of A'Val. These are the islands of Freeport. Note that the islands called Gelem and Gulmagesh are part of the Serpent's Teeth; however, they aren't considered part of the area controled by Freeport. Freeport has recently been updated in Green Ronin's The Pirate's Guide to Freeport, and it is a mainstay in my campaign world. Freeport is the destination of choice for any captain that doesn't want to undergo the scrutiny of the dockmasters of Sulluhal's ports.

Sulluhal
Gelem and Gulmagesh are controled from the cities of Sullgasa and Malthaga. (Note: All those place names are from EotA.) In Arekoz, those two cities are likely part of Mhul, but I'm not sure. Therefore, IMC, I've decided to make those two cities and several other communities part of a thalassocracy I call Sulluhal. This "empire at sea" is Freeport's greatest rival in the region. Sulluhal is independant from Mhul but pays a yearly tribute in order to remain independant. For while Sulluhal has naval superiority over Calrendia and Vehrmon, it wouldn't be able to withstand a direct conflict with the White Robed priests of Mhul.

Serpent's Teeth Region.JPG

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I updated two maps related to The Hidden Vale map posted above. The Greystone Mountains Region (post #91) and Twilight Lands Region (post #92). The Twilight Lands Region map also has a new description. - KF72

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I updated two more maps, as well as the descriptions that go with them. The Quara's Sea Region map (post #88) and the Dragon's Eye Region map (post #90).

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
NEW MAP: Wild Shores
Description to be posted. Later.

Wild Shores_printscreen.jpg

Updated with altered colours but not altered text. - KF

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Bumped for my reference. I'm going through all the pages and copying down the tidbits about the various regions of Harqual. I didn't have a backup of that information on my computer, and I felt I needed to copy it from the thread due to the recent difficulties EN World has been having. Plus, it's just a good idea.

Cheers!

KF72

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases