WotBS WotBS and 4E

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
So in talking to my group, it looks like we want to kick off 4E with War of the Burning Sky, so I'm in the process of converting it (such as I can at this point). However, I am also lazy, so I'm wondering if there are any official plans to do something with it.

Also, as I'm going through and converting things, I'm happy to share the results with those of you from ENWorld in the case that there won't be an official conversion.

So what does everyone think? Are there other ENWorlders with similar thoughts?

--Steve

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
SteveC said:
However, I am also lazy, so I'm wondering if there are any official plans to do something with it.

Same answer as with EoM - not having seen the license, we have no more idea than you! :)

There's nothing in motion at present.

Altho *unofficially* there are at least two current campaigns that are looking to do home-brew conversions once the material on Bards' come out

{Both waiting for the Bard character as well as allowing time to get a strong understanding of the rules}

ALso, a couple threads down is the *unofficial* home-brew conversion of EoM

Feel free to join in once we know more!

And, as always, Morrus and RW are welcome to plagarize and make money off of my work :)

Zinovia

Explorer
I'm interested in a 4E version of WotBS, presuming my group agrees to go with 4E after our play test. I have been reading the modules and thinking of what would need to be altered. The entire issue with teleportation seems to be a biggie to me. From what we've heard, long range teleports will be more difficult and rare than they are in 3.5. That could change some of the underlying parts of the story.

Certainly nothing official can be done until the GSL is out and we find out the details of how 4E stuff can be published, and when it can be released. The original date was January for anyone who didn't buy in early, but I'm not sure that will be the case given the delay in getting the GSL to the 3rd party publishers. I suspect they may push that release date back some amount.

Regardless of official publication and all that entails, I'm interested in unofficial changes and suggestions once we know more about the rules.

Remove ads