WotBS WotBS - Character Creation Question

mserabian

Explorer
Hi all

I'm going to be starting a WotBS campaign soon and I've just finished reading the Players and DMs guides. Looking at the Player's Guide it seems like you have left open the potential for players to create characters that belong to The Solei Palancis, Lyceum Academy, the wayfarers, Knights of the Aquiline Cross, and both groups in the Monestary of Two winds. I say this because you have included alternate class features and feats related to these groups in the PG. In the GMs guide however it looks like many of these groups will be potential enemies and allies of the pc's with secrets that need to be learned during play. So I am unclear if PCs should be allowed to create characters from these groups, and if they are allowed to how much about the inner workings and plottings of these organizations do they know?

Any guidance you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

mal

All of the groups are well known, and none of them are purely 'evil' or 'nefarious.' It's perfectly reasonable that someone might have been from one of these groups, but can still be one of the 'good guys.' It can actually lend some nice interactions between the PCs and NPCs if one of the heroes has a connection to one of the groups that they're fighting.

Also, any secrets of those groups are, well, secret. Just because Ivan is an enforcer for the KGB doesn't mean that he knows about the UFOs the Russians keep in their secret hangars. You would probably want to give the PC a bit more info regarding whatever group he belongs to, but they would only know those things that are common knowledge to the average member. Or, more specifically, the average member from before the war starts, since most PCs will have already left those groups by the time they join the party.

Remove ads