Wrath & Glory Core Rulebook Cover Reveal

Cubicle 7 has revealed Johan Grenier's cover art for the new Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory core rulebook. UPDATE! Cubicle 7 has now shared the actual book cover along with a breakdown of the characters depicted: "The Rulebook cover shows a group of Iconic adventurers battling off Orks and Chaos cultists in a mission to save the Gilead system. Jiao Abaijan, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, is...

Cubicle 7 has revealed Johan Grenier's cover art for the new Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory core rulebook.

B4649186-B4E1-44D5-8A78-93EE503B9688.jpeg

UPDATE! Cubicle 7 has now shared the actual book cover along with a breakdown of the characters depicted:

"The Rulebook cover shows a group of Iconic adventurers battling off Orks and Chaos cultists in a mission to save the Gilead system.

Jiao Abaijan, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, is determined to maintain the purity of the Gilead system in the absence of the Emperor’s light – in this instance, by pulverising an Ork with her thunder hammer. Zaire Obasi Varonius, a minor dynast of a noble Rogue Trader house, watches Jiao’s back with his twinned needle pistols. If he survives this mission, the exploits of this rag-tag warband might make his name as a defender of the Gilead system (and maybe make him a small fortune too).

Invictor Braham, a Primaris Intercessor of the mysterious Absolvers chapter fires his bolt rifle point blank into a heretic. Due to the low number of Astartes in the isolated Gilead system, they frequently find themselves operating as kill teams, on solo missions, or accompanying groups such as this one. Phea Osowicz has found herself in a similar predicament; after travelling from Mars to the Gilead in search of archeotech, the Tech-Priest found herself trapped by the Great Rift. She now lends her technological knowledge and volkite blaster to this warband as she searches for the secrets that could unlock a way back home."

Wrath-Glory-Rulebook-Cover-copy.jpg

NiallNai

Explorer
I don’t know if the picture itself has an impact but Fred Hicks did a post about cover design and product placement in a store sometime in the past year that shouldn’t be too hard to find on his Deadly Fredly blog. It was pretty interesting.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I'm impressed that the guy in the upper right of the picture managed to dodge that fire blast from the bolter--he somehow got the space marine to shoot him right through the hole in his chest!

pming

Legend
I'm amazed at how clean everything is! Just look at those orcs. Its' like they just walked out of a full-day spa...clean shaven, not a speck of dirt, blood or gore on their skin...and the opposition? What can I say? They must have their clothes covered in some sort of high-tech "filth, blood, and soot repelling" coating. Like that stuff you spray on your sofa to repel accidental spills.
"Repel the war, Chaos, and all things icky! Use Emperor approved Gore-be-Gone battlefield replant. Now in extra large Terminator-Sized spray can!" (Note: May not actually repel Chaos. User results may vary)

;)

imagineGod

Legend
Bloody Hell! Cubicle7 is breathing new life and putting that old Wrath and Glory production to the fire.

Great to see such a vivid action cover and the reinvigoration of Warhammer 40,000. :)

Sad that early adopters of the Ulisses North America version have been cheated into investing early into a poor product that is only now bring made great again by Cubicle7. :(

aramis erak

Legend
It's completely unsurprising that C7 can do a better cover than Ulissies... the question really should be, can they straighten out the mess that was between the covers, rather than what was on them?

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
Just in case anyone didn't notice it, this piece is a lovely homage to the classic illustration from John Sibbick for the cover of Warhammer 40.000: Rogue Trader.

0cc6a7ed6edc8db1e8f7b9f369839073.jpg

JDR

Explorer
It's completely unsurprising that C7 can do a better cover than Ulissies... the question really should be, can they straighten out the mess that was between the covers, rather than what was on them?
Yes, it would also be nice if C7 would let me trade in said mess of a book that I bought when it came out last year for their new one.

Remove ads

Remove ads