Yogsathoths Stats: Needs work...

G'baal

First Post
Yogsathoth
The dominator, The father of evil, The dark lord, The father of the dark mages, The seer, The destructor
Intermediate deity
Symbol: A bloody minotaur skull
Home plane: Numer
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Portfolio: Evil, Death, Foresight, Prophecy, Destruction, Tyranny, Magic, Supreme, Pain, War, Killing, Chaos, Hate, Knowledge
Worshipers: Evil beings from all walks of life
Cleric alignments: CE, NE, LE
Domains: Evil, Destruction, Death, Magic, War, Chaos, Knowledge
Favoured weapon: Quarterstaff

The deity of evil, destruction, secrets, lies, and power. Yogsathoth appears as a humanoid being cloaked in a heavy materialed black cloak covered in red runes. His skin is pulled taught all over his body and his head is that of a minotaur-like skull which has green glowing eyes. He often weilds his most pized item, his quarterstaff known as The Staff of Pure Evil which looks like a long black metalled staff, covered in golden runes, and topped by three prongs holding, within them, an orb of eerie green glowing.

Dogma
Yogsathoth concerns himself with evil, hatred, power, corruption, and death. He seeks to destroy good as a whole, and to bring every other being under his iron fisted rule. He seeks to return to the world and collect the lost divinity of those fallen gods and thus empower himself. He seeks to be omnipotent and omniscient. Yogsathoth drives his followers to iradicate good and to corrupt others and to make his foul order grow. He asks them to free him and his minions in promise of their desires. The order does what he asks for each member has been corrupted by his foul mind. The followers of his do as he wishes them only for gain.

Clergy and Temples
At the moment, there are only two temples to Yogsathoth in the world...one was the abandoned fortress of Draako, on the edges of the wastes while the other is hidden within a mountain that many have forgotten. The temple of Yogsathoth is said to reach from the tops of the mountains into the very earth itself, being composed of many levels which are often guarded by great beings, magical puzzles, and secret paths. Here they bring the corrupted under blindfold and convert them into Yogsathoths minions. Yogsathoths clergy are twisted members of The Order of The Foul or The Order of Yogsathoth. They are the most corrupted of all the members. They are the main corruptors of others as they practice the dark arts and teach Yogsathoths history, the future, and Yogsathoths principles to the new members.

Yogsathoth

Cleric 20/ Sorcerer 20/ Rogue 10
Medium-Sized Outsider (Evil)
Divine rank: 15
Hit dice: 20d8+140 (Outsider) plus 20d6+140 (Cleric) plus 20d4+140 (Sorcerer) plus 10d6+140 (Rogue) (980 hp)
Initiative: +12 (+8 Dex, +4 Improved intiative)
Speed: 60ft.
AC: 103 (+8 Dex, +15 Divine, +28 Natural, +22 Deflection, +30 Foresight*)
Attacks: Staff of Pure Evil +6 unholy bane (Outsiders, good) ghost touch quarterstaff +61/+54/+44/+41 melee, spell +59 melee touch; or +62 ranged touch
Damage: Staff of Pure Evil +6 unholy bane (Outsiders, good) ghost touch quarterstaff 1d6+18; or by spell
Face/Reach: 5ft. by 5ft./5ft.
Special attacks: Rebuke undead 25/day, Domain powers, Salient divine powers, Spell-like abilities, Sneak attack +5d6
Special Qualities: Divine immunities, DR 50/+4, Fire resistance 47, Spontaneous casting of divine spells, Understand, Speak, and Read all languages verbal or non-verbal, Speak directly to any being within 15 miles, remote communication, godly realm, teleport without error at will, SR 47, Divine aura (1,500ft. DC 47), Uncanny dodge (cannot be flanked), Evasion, Improved evasion
Saves: Fort +55, Ref +84*, Will +68
Abilities: Str 28, Dex 27, Con 25, Int 32, Wis 31, Cha 55
Skills: Bluff +125, Diplomacy +202, Intimidate +125, Sense motive +101, Spot +101, Listen +101, Hide +97, Move silently +77, Forgery +103, Gather informtaion +77, Concentration +124, Scry +132, Spellcraft +132, Knowledge (aracana) +132, Knowledge (religion) +66, Craft (weapons) +112, Alchemy +66, Craft (armor) +46 ** Always recieves 20 on checks
Feats: Improved intiative, Expertise, Improved disarm, Improved trip, Knock-down, Power attack, Cleave, Greater cleave, Divine might, Leadership, Forge ring, Craft staff, Maximize spell, Quicken spell, Empower spell, Widen spell, Blind-fight, Blindsight 5ft. radius, Craft magic arms and armor, Craft wand, Scribe scroll, Improved critical (staff of pure evil 19-20), Iron will, Energy substitution (Cold), Energy substitution (Electricity), Energy substitution (Acid), Energy substitution (Sonic)
Divine Immunities: Ability damage, Ability drain, Acid, Cold, Electricity, Death effects, Disease, Disintegration, Energy drain, Mind-affecting effects, Paralysis, Poison, Sleep, Stunning, Transmutation, Imprisonment, Banishment, Binding, Dimensional anchor
Salient divine abilities: Alter reality, Hand of death, Life and death, Lay curse, Possess mortal, Divine blast (37d12 25/day), Mass divine blast (75 targets 37d12 25/day), wound enemy (x3), Annihilating strike (DC 35+damage), Divine spellcasting, Know secrets, Alter size, Alter form, Shapechange, Supreme Foresight (Unique salient divine ability)*, control creatures (type: mortal 15/day DC 47 no more than 150 dominated at one time)
Domain powers: Cast evil spells at +1 caster level, Smite attack (+4 to attack roll, +20 to damage), Finger of death 1/day rolling 20d6, if creatures current hp is equal to or less than the number it dies
Spell-like abilities: As a 25 level caster except for evil and chaos spells (caster level 26) saves (DC 47+spell level) At will - Storm of vengeance, Unholy aura, Symbol (any), Summon monster IX, Gate, Destruction, Blasphemy, Greater scrying, Greater dispelling, Forbidance, Unhallow, True seeing, Slay living, Implosion, Dispel good, Circle of doom, Inflict critical wounds, Deeper darkness, Contagion, Delayed blast fireball (20d8), Foresight, Vision, Wall of fire, Improved invisibility, Detect thoughts, Hypnotism, Sleep, Magic circle against good
Sorcerer spells/day: (6/12/11/11/11/11/10/10/10/10/5/4/4/4/4/3/3/3/3/2/2) save DC 32+spell level
0 - Resistance, Daze, Ghost sound, Mage hand, Arcane mark, Detect magic, Prestidigitation, Read magic, Flare
1 - Sheild, Spider climb, Jump, Magic missiles, Erase
2 - Web, Shatter, Blur, Knock, Mirror image
3 - Lightning bolt (15d6), Fly, Gaseous form, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance
4 - Ice storm, Fear, Polymorph other, Confusion
5 - Wall of iron, Pass wall, Wall of stone, Nightmare
6 - Mislead, Flesh to stone, Veil
7 - Forcecage, Reverse gravity, Finger of death
8 - Mindblank, Power word blind, Screen
9 - Power word kill, Wish, Imprisonment
Cleric spells/day: (6/15/15/15/15/14/14/14/14/13/13) save DC 20+spell level. He can also cast domain spells of his domains.
Supreme Foresight (unique salient divine ability): Yogsathoths power of foresight is unlike that of any other, allowing him to sense immediate dangers and allowing him to peer into the future. This ability has two operations, one as the spell foresight but fifteen times as strong, granting him fifteen times the bonus to his reflex and AC. He can never be caught flat-footed and is never suprised. The second function of this power allows Yogsathoth to peer up to fifteen years into the future and answers queries of the future up to fifteen years.

Ok, I have changed a few things in Yogi recently due to his past. These can be explained in Yogi history thread if you need explainations now.

Ok...thats just a bit of the three pages I have on him...its tough work. Anyways, I need feedback on him just to be sure and if thee is anything that doesnt seem to fit...let me know. Ok, back to work...

Last edited:

Sidran

First Post
Huge Outsider (Neutral, Evil)
Hit dice: 500d8+40000 (42027 hp)
Initiative: +70 (+66 Dex, +4 Improved intiative)
Speed: 60ft.
AC: +132 (+66 Dex, +30 Divine, +30 Natural, -4 Huge)
Attacks: +10 Staff of Pure Evil +565/+560/+555/+550/+545/+540/+535/+530/+525/+520/+515/+510/+505/+500/+495/+490/+485/+480/+475/+470/+465/+460/+455/+450/+445/+440/+435/+430/+425/+420/+415/+410/+405/+400/+395/+390/+385/+380/+375/+370/+365/+360/+355/+350/+345/+340/+335/+330/+325/+320/+315/+310/+305/+300/+295/+290/+285/+280/+275/+270/+265/+260/+255/+250/+245/+240/+235/+230/+225/+220/+215/+210/+205/+200/+195/+190/+185/+180/+175/+170/+165/+160/+155/+150/+145/+140/+135/+130/+125/+120/+115/+110/+105/+100/+95/+90/+85/+80/+75/+70 melee
Damage: +10 Staff of Pure Evil 2d8+65 and energy drain
Face/Reach: 10ft. by 10ft./15ft.
Special attacks: Breath weapon, Fear aura, Frightful presence, Psionics, Spells, Spell-like abilities, Enslave, Spheres of Annihilation
Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 100/+10, Immunities, SR 100, PR 100
Saves: Fort +340, Ref +326, Will +352
Abilities: Str 140, Dex 142, Con 170, Int 194, Wis 194, Cha 200
Skills: Pending...
Feats: Pending...

I understand that you want him to be tough G'baal but we need it to be not over much.

First I recomend looking at the Creature Catelogues well done
Fiendish conversions of the lords of hell.

He should for instance only move at a speed of 40ft. I will post more helpful things as I see them or as I figure them out

G'baal

First Post
Well, I guess he could change but remember this though...Yogsathoth is not so much as a creature that can be played but more as a story piece. Being so powerful rememeber he must go through alot to actually get free and thus it seems safe. I have read all the lords of hell, infact, I have the book of demons, devils, and daemons printed off. I have read them all and I have built many fiends based on them. The thing now is...how strong is he actually going to be? I will listen but I do hope not to put him under to far as he is more a piece of story...an epic threat. You see, the story of Yogsathoth is meant to be the basis of a number of other things...sort of like the foundations of a house. I only wanted to put stats so that others could see what he would be like, and if they wanted...to try him out for some sheer evil. I understand what you say and I am willing to change him. Personally I just saw him as something more than you did, that is all. Anyways, have at him...I'll await reply. Thanks.

Last edited:

G'baal

First Post
Ok, Sidran how about this. To me it seems that Yogsathoth is going to be different to every person...his stats and all. Now, here is my proposition for his stats. Instead of doing the complete package deal, perhaps I could do the minimal requirements for stats and leave the rest up to those whom use him. Personally, I think it could work nicely...all we really need is the very basics and alot of description. With that, the powers and stuff can be determined by the DMs. I dont know...its an idea. Ideas, suggestions? Im all ears.

Sidran

First Post
It is more of a matter of staying within the bounds of the rules

Here is a little of how Deities and Demi Gods handles things.

Yogsathoth
Cleric 20/ Fighter 10/ Wizard 10
Large Outsider (Nuetral Evil)
Divine Rank 15 (NOT OGL)
Initiative
Speed
AC
And blah blah blah blah blah.

He would be created within the rules by figuring out how all of those classes combine (for things such as HD, Saves, Abilities, and the like)

For instance Hades only has a a Initiative of +9 and a AC of 73
His speed is about 80 ft for a medium-sized outsider.

So for yogi it would be either 80 or 120 ft

His melee, and ranged attacks would only be the total bab of those character classes, and His stats which should be good in the 28-29 range for Str Int and Con and in the Average range 16-17 for Dex, Wis, and Cha. His AC is mostly a subject of your will though it should most likely be comparitive to Hades or Lloth. whic as I said is 73.

Incidently Lloth is also a Cleric 20, Fighter 10, Wizard 10 so her stats would be very similar to Yogis (Appropriate in my mind since both dieties are evil) Again though none of the D&Dg book isi OGL so you should find ways to stat out his stats differently but in a way that works for all of the DF Superpowers ( Patrons, Fiends, Hidden Powers)

My qualm is that we do not want an uberdiety in the world ( or I do not anyway) but having a Diety with a reasonable divine strength would be a good addition.

Also I do not see Yogi being a Greater Diety rather an Intermidiate Diety due to his lack of followers in the mortal realm.

So real world comparrison

Yogi = Hades, Lloth
Patrons= Varies but usually in the vein of Odin, Thor, or Zeus.

It is mostly a matter of not going to far with a cool Villian Idea and giving him stats that do not fit with the Rules of D20. Not a matter of Personal tastes.

G'baal

First Post
I thank you once again for your reply Sidran and I see what you are talking about. I see more clearly now that I have had some time to think things over and I agree with you. I guess its now time to buy D&Dg, lol. With your post and the D&Dg as a sort of template I should be able to make a more reasonable being. His classes that make him up are a bit different from those below but thats ok. I cannot wait to have Yogsathoth complete for then I can begin the written piece of work. I will post the prelims in the Yogsathoths history thread. Thanks, anyways, Ill try to get a copy of D&Dg as soon as possible. Any other suggestions or ideas...Im all ears.

Sidran

First Post
I am thinking on it, well stewing is the true term

You may also think abut getting Legions of Hell or something of that title I will find its publisher and a link to its reviews and site.

And I will keep my eye open for others

Remember good sources are

Creatures Catelogue
Historical Daemonology sites

Its not that I thought yours was wrong its just that, it should be cued down to fit the setting.

After all as I quote often to my players "no beast is all powerfull, its just some are tougher than others to bring down."

Usually before they meet with gods, dragons, or Elemental Lords, or well Kobolds.

G'baal

First Post
Ill keep me eyes open for the things youve suggested though I doubt Ill find them were Im going. Anyways, I will create a more realistic version as soon as I get my hands on a copy of D&Dg. Now as to good sources...lol. Historical daemonology sites? No need to have said anything there as fiends have always been my favoured monster in RPGs such as D&D and I have researched such things out of interest as I always wanted my fiends to be more than just a simple beatem up with your holy avenger. I looked for ideas about how they act with others and have based alot of my fiend playing and making upon such information. Sometimes, the information is actually quite intriguing. Now, as to Yeeno there...I know him already as a Demon Lord. I also understand that he is worshipped by gnolls. He is no new being to me but the format he is in is a bit different (no doubt originating from D&Dg). Anyways...I hope to have a copy of D&Dg by Monday or Tuesday at the latest and have it read by Thursday. Yogsathoth by Friday. That is my plan...so, till then I leave you with my favourite question (which I absolutely mean)...

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
when/if D&Dg is in OGL then we can FINNALLY make the fiendlords and patrons into their true forms of Demi-gods or some sort using a standard outline and abilities...till then we are stuck with the vague 'goddish' powers that we must give them..

Remove ads