• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E [2e] Monster Mythology Update Project

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
DnD has gone through so many edition changes that they might not have portfolios in 2e, I thought I'd seen somewhere where they did but closest I can find in my brief search is in 3e where they, are noted as patrons of things like greed and lust or secrets.

AuldDragon

Explorer
Even in later editions, it doesn't feel very explicit from what I've seen, but in 1e and 2e they feel more like bureaucratic politicians in charge of the hells rather than patrons of specific aspects of life. It doesn't help that the leaders of the layers have changed between editions, too.

Humans, even in the real world, tend to pick their favorites over all others. Lilith, Lucifer, Asmodeus, Belil, Astaroth, etc., etc., etc. all had their own cults. Some, creepily, still do to this day, but it is what it is. Typically such cults are tiny or just very well hidden and not fully understood by outsiders. Secret societies sometimes pay lip service to this specific devil or that, but mostly they're just edgelords hanging out and using it as an excuse to play black metal and get trashed.

Remove ads