• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) New D&D Edition's Player’s Handbook Cover Reveal

Game Informer has revealed the cover to the 2024 Player’s Handbook.

Game Informer has revealed the cover to the 2024 Player’s Handbook.

The cover features a gold dragon behind the old-school D&D characters Strongheart the paladin, Mercion the cleric, Elkhorn the dwarf fighter, and Molliver the thief. Ringlerun the wizard is absent (then again he got his showcase on one of the 1E AD&D Player's Handbooks), but a drow mage appears to have joined the party!

IMG_3566.jpeg

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I think some folk can forget that not everyone on the internet is the same person. You see a bunch of people hating on "new blue" on a subreddit/forum/etc, saying that they miss "classic blue." Then when they bring back classic blue, a bunch of folk in the forums hate on that! But those probably aren't the same people that were hating new blue.
Or maybe they did a terrible job with the returned classic blue and it's justifiably disliked 😅
BRING BACK THE BLUE! ;-)

1715919611464.png

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
The expression on the dragon's face suggests a benevolent smile. It's also reaching out with a claw as if to move a piece. I would suggest it symbolically represents the DM.
By golly, you are right! I posted upthread that the wizard art depicted the same gold dragon in polymorphed form. But I'm wrong. The polymorphed form of the gold dragon is actually....

1715919790444.png

*also representing a golden (50 year) anniversary.
Yep. D&D Gold Edition. Edition nomenclature and numbering solved!

Remove ads

Remove ads