• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are you reading in 2024?

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
In the middle of Madeline Miller's Song of Achilles right now. Really enjoying it. Lyrical and moving. I read Miller's Circe about a year and a half ago, though, so I expected this one to be similarly good.

I finished up John Jakes' On Wheels. It was an adrenaline-fueled and dark vision of the future. The central conceit is perhaps far-fetched, but the story is carried forward on its own momentum. And I can't help but feel like it was an influence on the first Mad Max movie.

Now I'm onto I'm Afraid You've Got Dragons, the new one by Peter S. Beagle.

I finally got a hold of a copy of Team Yankee by Harold Coyle which is, I guess spin off? of The Third World War : August 1985 by Sir John Hackett.

During the second half of the Twentieth Century, East and West stood on the brink of war. No where was this more evident then in Central Germany, where ten thousand tanks belonging to NATO stood ready to resist a ground attack spearheaded by forty thousand Warsaw Pact tanks. It was a war that never was. But what if it had? How would the opening days of World War III played out?

Team Yankee, the New York Times best seller by Harold Coyle, presents a glimpse of what it would have been like for the soldiers who would have had to meet the relentless onslaught of Soviet and Warsaw Pact divisions. Using the geo-political and military scenarios described by General Sir John Hackett, former NORTHAG commander and author of 'World War Three; August 1985', Team Yankee follows the war as seen from the turret of Captain Sean Bannon’s tank.

Through Bannon's eyes, and those of the men belonging to his tank heavy combat team, the reader lives through the first fourteen days of World War III. The action is vivid and exciting, the tension palpable. Defeat and death are as close as victory.[/wpoiler]
am Yankee

Remove ads