• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Are there compelling reasons to upgrade to PF1 from 3.0?

I had to read this because I am enamored at the idea that someone got 3.0 and stayed with it for two and a half decades. I envy you! To this day I wish I hadn't made the jump from 3.0 to 3.5, even if it did fix many issues I had with 3.0, because the additional cruff of 3.5 changed the experience for me. I guess what I am experiencing is nostalgia for that 2000-2003 period before edition shift consumed the D20 system.

Ummm, that said, I don't think PF1E will do much other than clean up some systems and make things a bit more mechanically consistent.

If you've been happily playing 3e without even updating to 3.5, I can't imagine any reason to switch to pathfinder. The whole point of pathfinder was to keep 3.x style rules in print when 4e was imminent so that they could continue making the same kinds of content for it. In my experience, the tweaks to the system were hit or miss; some were improvements and some were not, and the net effect was a wash. We had switched to 3.5, but we were still playing it long after 5e was out. With relatively little effort, you could run pathfinder stuff in 3.x as is.

Remove ads