• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General D&D memes thread discussion…

I've played too much WFRP. I see liquid warp. My brain keeps repeating, "Damn, that's a lot of mutations."
Liquid warp stone or slurm ;)

1716409333926.png

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
View attachment 364516

One item on my to do list is to make spears more attractive as a weapon choice. They really do tend to get overlooked in the game, and it's not like they're some obscure 14th century polearm that was only used for a few decades in a tiny principality in the Holy Roman Empire or something.
it seems rediculous to me they didn't make spears a simple reach weapon. i know there's a feat that lets you use them with reach...for the turn...if you burn your bonus action to do so, wow much incredible.

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
the spear is one of the earliest tools known it should be simple by defult
is that simple in design or simple as the weapon category?

yes the spear is simple, but one of it's major advantages was it's massive versatility in spite of it's simplicity, having a weapon that can be used with all Versatile, Reach and Thrown isn't really all that complicated.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
is that simple in design or simple as the weapon category?

yes the spear is simple, but one of it's major advantages was it's massive versatility in spite of it's simplicity, having a weapon that can be used with all Versatile, Reach and Thrown isn't really all that complicated.
yes to both it was one of the first tools for a reason

Remove ads