• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spoilers Doctor Who 2024 (spoilers)

Hussar

Legend
I haven't seen recent seasons so I can't say how good the writing is there, but for me good writing on Doctor Who is less about little holes like "why doesn't he just use the TARDIS" (which they usually pave over with made up BS anyways) and more about how engaging the story and characters are. The Girl in the Fireplace has a lot of little plot holes like that, and there are portions that feel like they could use better explanation, but it is still one of my favorite episodes because it is so engrossing every time I see it.
Oh yeah. Like I said, I'm more than willing to give Doctor Who a huge amount of good will and ignore an awful lot. If plot holes are something that really grind your gears, then Doctor Who likely isn't for you. It's not too hard to find them in any given episode.

I just found this specific episode to be rather jarring. Even Space Babies didn't bother me as much as this one did.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
The Girl in the Fireplace has a lot of little plot holes like that, and there are portions that feel like they could use better explanation, but it is still one of my favorite episodes because it is so engrossing every time I see it.
That episode is at the top of my list of ones to suggest to people who have never watched the show - I think it's a top-notch one-shot story and a great example of what the show is like a lot of the time.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I didn't like "Rogue" as much as I've liked every other episode this season, but the Doctor-and-Rogue stuff was great.

My complaints are that he tension just wasn't there for me for most of the run-time. I kept expecting another little twist or surprise somewhere.

For the record, I think this Doctor has cried in every episode he's led so far.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I can tell I'm into this iteration because I'm genuinely excited to find out the reveals in the next two episodes. Ruby's history. Susan Twist. Susan Foreman? Who's the One Who Waits?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads