• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Magazine Cover Remakes

CharlesWallace

enworld.com is a reminder of my hubris
I enjoyed writing Endangered Races: Quasta. I actually wrote another Endangered Races book but wasn't happy with it and then people started republishing things without the d20 logo so it didn't seem as important. Although the Quasta would work even better as related to the Overmind from Flee Mortals. I do like the art I commissioned for the Quasta. Maybe I should try drawing my own image.
I skipped out on rpgs for a long time at the end of 2e, so I don’t know much about what things were like with the OGL and 3rd parties.

I checked out the preview pdf to read about the quasta. Man, talk about evoking sympathy and sadness and loss! These curious creatures who just want to learn about the world, shunned for their looks, isolated, dying off due to disease to such an extant that they changed how and when they name their children, in case they don’t survive. Wow.

dulsi

Explorer
Back to the regular posting of images instead of discussing Quasta. I've found I don't like drawing horses so I replaced it in this image.
a2dfc1aca86de38f.png

Original Cover by Ken Widing

CharlesWallace

enworld.com is a reminder of my hubris
Drawing a large number of people takes time. I tried doing less but it didn't capture the feel of the crowded original cover so I had to add some more. Spelljammer elements have been added because I like the setting.
3207fa0fa4f5f545.png

Original Cover by Linda Medley
Is the lizard guy with the orange fin from Spelljammer? (also, I continue to love these pics)

dulsi

Explorer
Is the lizard guy with the orange fin from Spelljammer? (also, I continue to love these pics)
Lizardfolk were first added as a playable race in Spelljammer. Specifically having their eggs hatched closer to the sun resulted in smarter lizardfolk. In earlier editions many of the non player races were considered to have intelligence penalties so this was to explain why the lizardfolk in space were different. (Or at least that is why I think it was done this way.) The lizardfolk design isn't based on any specific Spelljammer art.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads