• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 2E "Everything I've Said So Far About the God Who Will Die" - Creative Director Luis Loza on Setting Shake-Ups Coming to PF2E in "War of Immortals".

FionaSmythe

Explorer
I was under the impression the APs, at least in PF1 era, all happened concurrently? So, it wasn't like the results of Carrion Crown would effect the results of Kingmaker etc... I sort of lost track in the change over to PF2 which of all those stories became canon forward into PF2 era.
The results of APs absolutely do affect what happens in later APs. The Runelords trilogy, for example, have several years in between them. NPCs from earlier APs turn up in later APs, and the earlier events they were involved in inform what their state is in the new AP (e.g. Jade Regent). The only APs that take place concurrently are Hell's Rebels and Hell's Vengeance.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I believe some of the archfiends got to Pathfinder from 1e by way of the OGL Tome of Horrors. Dudes like Orcus and Jubilex and that sort.
That and the demon princes from Armies of the Abyss (subsequently incorporated into The Book of Fiends), from Green Ronin Publishing (which I'm pretty sure Erik Mona worked on).

In fact, come to think of it, Nocticula not only made her debut in AotA, but (like all of the demon lords in that book) had her name explicitly declared Open Game Content as well. Since Pathfinder had her make the jump to full deity right around the end of 1E, I wonder if she's one of the deities we won't be seeing again.

For completeness's sake: I shall reveal which major deity bites it. While Paizo is not being shy about this, I will still spoiler it. Edit: Nevermind. Spoilers seem to be broken.

Gorum, God of Battle and War. Ironic, given that his death is what sparks this war in heaven called the "Godsrain".

Thankfully, my personal favorites (Desna, Sarenrae, and Shelyn AKA the Prismatic Ray) will survive, though there have been some ominous comments that lead me to believe that they will not get through unscathed.

Last edited:

Remove ads