• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) What do people think of the new dragon designs?

Chaosmancer

Legend
Whereas for me, "majesty" is the last thing I think of when I see those wings. They're so small and stunted, they don't even really look like wings anymore. I know reds are supposed to have the greatest wingspan, but did golds need to have practically vestigial wings? Really? These are supposed to be the MOST majestic of all regular dragons!

Shrug

I don't judge majesty by wingspan.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Very oarfish in wing design. I love it.

So, the Red and Silver dragons get the classic bat-wings, Blue is pteradactyl-ish, Green is maple leaf, Black is a sort of three-in-one affair, White is a hybrid design of bat and pterodactyl, Bronze is a sort of hybrid design of bat and leaf, and Gold is (again) oarfish-but-horizontal.

Looking forward to the Brass and Copper.

Bronze is very Piscine. I'm not sure which specific fish it is supposed to invoke, but it is definitely marine-life inspired, instead of bat and leaf.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
Bronze is very Piscine. I'm not sure which specific fish it is supposed to invoke, but it is definitely marine-life inspired, instead of bat and leaf.
Yeah, there is a thickness to the wing membrane of the Bronze Dragon that makes it seem more like a large fin similar to many sea mammals like a whale or sea lion instead of the thinner bat-like wing membrane of the red dragon. Probably to allow the wings to aid in swmming through the water.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Yeah, there is a thickness to the wing membrane of the Bronze Dragon that makes it seem more like a large fin similar to many sea mammals like a whale or sea lion instead of the thinner bat-like wing membrane of the red dragon. Probably to allow the wings to aid in swmming through the water.
I would have worked of gannets those sea birds they use their wings as flipers but still fly

Remove ads