DungeonScape Q&A Video

The link I posted yesterday was wrong, apparently. Sorry! But here's last night's DungeonScape Q&A video. If it works!

[video=youtube;0bRb7_J7O7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bRb7_J7O7Y[/video]

About 12 minutes in and I'm about to ragequit on Dungeonscape.

They don't seem to understand that customizing backgrounds is essential, core, non-variant functionality of 5e D&D. It is the way that the default RAW allows you to choose any skills and language/tool proficiencies you want for your character. It isn't something that can be left to the forge release where someone has to whip up each individual background. It *must* include the ability to select the crunchy background features (skills, tools/languages, feature, and which equipment package you prefer) in the player release to support even *D&D Basic*.

This is really a deal-breaker for me. And if it doesn't come out with this sort of support, a lot of other people are going to start complaining. I'm not sure what sort of communication goes on with WotC, but I'm pretty darn sure they'd say that this has to be a part of the player release.

I don't think I've ever played with a group where at least some of the players don't customize their backgrounds. Without this option the software is useless to us.

Yes, it might take some reprogramming. I'd recommend doing it now rather than later. Instead of treating a background as a single entity like a class, treat it as a package of a few different entities (skills, etc) that you can pick individually. Have "Custom" right there on the list of backgrounds available. If you select it, it goes through the choices at the appropriate point during character creation. If you select a pre-made background, it simply auto-fills in those points at the appropriate places.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases