Galem Builder: An Alternative to Pathfinder's Summoner

Exclusive to TRAILseeker patrons. Galems - not golems! - are built out of clay by the galem builders, an alternate version of the summoner. This article introduces the galem builder, along with the galem itself. Why summon an outsider when you can build your own perfect construct? By Carl Cramér; art by Xanditz.

Exclusive to TRAILseeker patrons. Galems - not golems! - are built out of clay by the galem builders, an alternate version of the summoner. This article introduces the galem builder, along with the galem itself. Why summon an outsider when you can build your own perfect construct? By Carl Cramér; art by Xanditz.

To sign up to EN World TRAILseeker, click here. EN World TRAILseeker is the new way to get regular Pathfinder RPG gaming articles and adventures online. For a small monthly donation, you will receive rules articles, gaming advice, adventures, and more.

galem.jpg

Phaide

First Post
Were the dev afraid of the word golem for some reason? Were they inspired by Young Frankenstein to alter the name slightly? Weird, but the class looks interesting enough.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Were the dev afraid of the word golem for some reason? Were they inspired by Young Frankenstein to alter the name slightly? Weird, but the class looks interesting enough.

A golem is a golem. A galem is a galem. :)

Dire Bare

Legend
Galem? It's just a word, but . . . I'm having a hard time getting past it. It's like all those kids in my science classes (I teach middle school) that have "normal" names, but with odd spellings to make them "unique".

Still, I like the idea of a golem (or construct) building class, so the article is intriguing!

Starfox

Hero
Golem comes from Hebrew. Hebrew is a semitic language. As far as I understand, the vowel sounds are unspecified - you can use a, e, i, and y interchangeably. Galem, golem, golyem, all are really the same word. The reason I picked galem was that I red it as an alternate transcription in my sources. I wanted to keep it separate from the golem simply to avoid confusion.

/Carl Cramér, Author

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads