[EN5ider #40] Template of Horrors

Only for EN5ider patrons! Our Halloween month continues - and we also celebrate our 40th article! - with four horrific templates which can be applied to any creature! Use the zombie, wight, skeleton, and banshee templates to create horrors such as a Wailing Hermit (a banshee ettin), a Rust Monster Skeleton, a Crypt Stalker (a minotaur wight), or a Basilisk Zombie! By Cedar Collins; illustrated by Jacob Blackmon. Become a patron and get 40+ articles immediately! Really, you get access to the entire back-catalog while you are a patron!

Only for EN5ider patrons! Our Halloween month continues - and we also celebrate our 40th article! - with four horrific templates which can be applied to any creature! Use the zombie, wight, skeleton, and banshee templates to create horrors such as a Wailing Hermit (a banshee ettin), a Rust Monster Skeleton, a Crypt Stalker (a minotaur wight), or a Basilisk Zombie! By Cedar Collins; illustrated by Jacob Blackmon. Become a patron and get 40+ articles immediately! Really, you get access to the entire back-catalog while you are a patron!

horrors.jpg

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Good article Cedar. I had a submission idea to do much the same ;). Very useful and who doesn't like different undead, especially skeletons and zombies. I remember the 3E //Libris Mortis// had quite a lot of variations, inc fast zombies etc. You have reminded me to get that out again and have a look.

Just a couple of queries. Zombies get a flat CHA 5. Skeletons get -5. Should that also have been flat 5? I understand skels are more lucid/interactive (maybe), so they may have higher than zombies, but this might also mean they end up with lower CHA than zombies? What was the aim here?

Also thought it odd that skeletons retained all skills, especially those linked to INT, WIS, CHA.

This template would be odd applied to some intelligent creatures.

BTW I love the sample creatures provided, esp the ettin, and the art for this creature was great.

Remove ads

Remove ads