• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

THE ONE RING Takes The Top Spot!

In our Certified Chart of roleplaying game products, Cubicle 7's ENnie-winning The One Ring has just slipped into the top position, trending at a whopping 98%, which is the highest any certified product has ever achieved. To qualify, a product need ten or more reviews. It is closely followed by Calidar In Stranger Skies, and then the D&D 5th Edition Player's Handbook, which hold third place. The whole top 10 is a list of some real powerhouses, including more D&D, along with Monte Cook Games' recent RPGs.

In our Certified Chart of roleplaying game products, Cubicle 7's ENnie-winning The One Ring has just slipped into the top position, trending at a whopping 98%, which is the highest any certified product has ever achieved. To qualify, a product need ten or more reviews. It is closely followed by Calidar In Stranger Skies, and then the D&D 5th Edition Player's Handbook, which hold third place. The whole top 10 is a list of some real powerhouses, including more D&D, along with Monte Cook Games' recent RPGs.

The reviews system aggregates official reviews and ratings curated from publications and critics including Forbes, GeekDad, The Escapist, iO9, and many more, along with hundred of fan ratings and comments.

You can find the certified chart here.

NEW-TOR-packshot.jpg

Mr. Flibble

Explorer
The One Ring is one dang good game, and each and every new book just keeps that quality going. I love the Northern European mythological atmosphere of the game, which suits Tolkien perfectly.

Curmudjinn

Explorer
Nepitello and C7 poured their heart into this game and it shows, page after page. I bought it as a coffee table book I can read whenever, and it's just fantastic.

C7 is quality stuff.

Curmudjinn

Explorer
Just last week I blind-ordered Yggdrasill from my LGS! I might have to track down other C7 stuff if it's as high quality as people seem to think.

I've been a huge fan since their Fate space opera, Starblazer Adventures. They work with other small companies and freelancers on many of their products.

Check out some The One Ring unboxing videos on youtube. The production and writing quality is 5/5.

I also like that they love their products and the industry. They treat customers very well and have a friendly pricing/production schedule on their lines, not gouging the fanbase like FFG.

Bluenose

Adventurer
Just last week I blind-ordered Yggdrasill from my LGS! I might have to track down other C7 stuff if it's as high quality as people seem to think.

They don't sell anything that isn't good, though you need to be interested in the particular type of setting their game does well. Yggdrasil is excellent too, though of course it (like Qin) is a translation. Rocket Age is another favourite of mine, well worth a try if you'd like Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon style adventuring. The One Ring is in a class of it's own, perhaps only Pendragon being as good at matching rules to setting.

Mr. Flibble

Explorer
They don't sell anything that isn't good, though you need to be interested in the particular type of setting their game does well. Yggdrasil is excellent too, though of course it (like Qin) is a translation. Rocket Age is another favourite of mine, well worth a try if you'd like Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon style adventuring. The One Ring is in a class of it's own, perhaps only Pendragon being as good at matching rules to setting.

Rocket Age and Qin both tempt me (the latter because I'm an old Sinophile), but the money isn't there right now. Ah, well.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Well C7 was the print publisher for the Kaidan introductory trilogy of modules - The Curse of the Golden Spear, but Rite Publishing switched to a different printer, so while no longer associated with C7, it still is the same high quality product, like all Kaidan releases.

I like the One Ring, but my players are too D&Dified to want to play, so it just sits on my shelf, getting read every once in a while, but not getting played unfortunately.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads