The Fetid Wedding!
  • The Fetid Wedding!

Busy day for Out of the Abyss news! There have been a few previews this week (foreword; underdark outposts; Zuggtmoy), a hand-sculpted model of Zuggtmoy, and now an art piece called The Fetid Wedding, also featuring Zuggtmoy. I suspect next week will be a new demon. "Once aware of Araumycos, Zuggtmoy seeks to control the massive fungus. She makes a show of “wooing” the massive fungus with a grotesque courtship that she plans to culminate with a repulsive mockery of a wedding—really a ritual of demonic domination. During the ceremony, Zuggtmoy will be attended by her “bridesmaids” and fungal thralls. Talk about a Bridezilla. Art by Craig J Spearing."

Comments 21 Comments
      Weird Dave -
      Hahaha! Awesome. I can't wait to see how PCs crash this wedding. Super stoked to get my grubby paws on Out of the Abyss.
      MonsterEnvy -
      It should be noted that that is Zuggtmoy fighting Juiblex in that picture.
      GMforPowergamers -
      Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnvy View Post
      It should be noted that that is Zuggtmoy fighting Juiblex in that picture.
      no it isn't...

this is a wedding they are dancing... look at the little fun guys dancing with them

arm in arm they make such a cute couple...
      MonsterEnvy -
      Quote Originally Posted by GMforPowergamers View Post
      no it isn't...

this is a wedding they are dancing... look at the little fun guys dancing with them

arm in arm they make such a cute couple...
      Zuggtmoy is not marrying Juiblex however. It's pointed out in the earlier preview that Juiblex goes to crash the wedding so thats probably what he is doing.
      Nebulous -
      I don't care what is really happening in that picture, this campaign sounds so bat**** insane, I can't WAIT to see it!!!
      HardcoreDandDGirl -
      this seams awesome... I can hardly wait
      chibi graz'zt -
      Insane in the membrane
      Scrivener of Doom -
      The bad news for me: I had a mini-campaign written up that involving Zuggtmoy attempting to suborn Araumycos and now my players won't believe I thought of that myself.

The good news for me: I don't care whether or not they believe me because now I can show them a great piece of art!

I love that picture. I have a new desktop background already.
      Kramodlog -
      With Juiblex crashing the wedding, I wonder if we'll hear some people say that high level NPCs are doing all the PCs' work for them. #forgottenrealmsproblems
      GMforPowergamers -
      Quote Originally Posted by goldomark View Post
      With Juiblex crashing the wedding, I wonder if we'll hear some people say that high level NPCs are doing all the PCs' work for them. #forgottenrealmsproblems
      well that depends... if it is a 'cut scene' then yes... if elmunchkin the Mary sue of the realms shows up... yea... if drizt jumps in and yells "Run. I'll hold them" then you betcha...

but if it is written like the PC are the stars and can meaningfully interact without any super npcs... no
      Kramodlog -
      well that depends... if it is a 'cut scene' then yes... if elmunchkin the Mary sue of the realms shows up... yea... if drizt jumps in and yells "Run. I'll hold them" then you betcha...

but if it is written like the PC are the stars and can meaningfully interact without any super npcs... no
      What if the PCs meaningfully interect with Juiblex and Zuggtmoy, or some of their servants, even if it is Juiblex that gets to crash the wedding?
      GMforPowergamers -
      Quote Originally Posted by goldomark View Post
      What if the PCs meaningfully interect with Juiblex and Zuggtmoy, or some of their servants, even if it is Juiblex that gets to crash the wedding?
      it depends on a lot of things... if I interact with any NPC that goes off to do the main action while I do secondary... I will complain. SO if your idea is that I fight some demons, then two demons fight in a show piece battle that I don't effect at all... I will complain...
      Arius -
      ... look at the little fun guys dancing with them
      He's got jazz hands!
      Kramodlog -
      it depends on a lot of things... if I interact with any NPC that goes off to do the main action while I do secondary... I will complain. SO if your idea is that I fight some demons, then two demons fight in a show piece battle that I don't effect at all... I will complain...
      I'm thinking it might very well be a possibility. Zuggtmoy and Juiblex are high level NPCs who will fight each other, not the PCs. Demogorgon is on the cover, he seems like the high level BBEG. Seems like the PCs at "lower" levels will be playing a part in the background of the wedding, but not the wedding itself. I'm thinking this might be a theme in this AP. Lots of Demon Lords will present and busy. You can't have them all as end game bosses.
      The Grassy Gnoll -
      Ahem.
      "Foetid".
      What on earth do Americans do with their extracted vowel surplus? Export it to Wales?
      dalisprime -
      Foetid and Fetid are both correct. Also Morrus is English not American.
      The Grassy Gnoll -
      Fetid is American, foetid is British. And Morrus is like 30 miles from me, he was quoting WotC's spelling.
      dalisprime -
      Ok yes that's true. WotC is an American company and their writers and editors use American English. I fail to see your point.
    1. Laeknir -
      I'm curious why in the Underdark they'd have anything like a wedding, even a perverted wedding. Why bother? The drow don't have weddings, AFAIK, or any other Underdark creature. This just seems ridiculous. But then, I guess it is inspired by Alice in Wonderland.
      Corpsetaker -
      *winces* And Wizards has just reached an all time low.
    Comments Leave Comment