Reviews On EN World: How To Add New Products, and How To Link To Your Reviews Elsewhere

EN World's current review section has been in place for a while now, and it has plenty of reviews, comments, and ratings! It's a great way to quickly comment on and rate a product, and it provides aggregated ratings in a Rotten Tomatoes/Metacritic fashion. I just wanted to make a couple of comments about why linking to external reviews from it is a good idea for you, and how to add products which aren't yet there.

EN World's current review section has been in place for a while now, and it has plenty of reviews, comments, and ratings! It's a great way to quickly comment on and rate a product, and it provides aggregated ratings in a Rotten Tomatoes/Metacritic fashion. I just wanted to make a couple of comments about why linking to external reviews from it is a good idea for you, and how to add products which aren't yet there.

1) If you have posted a review elsewhere at some lesser location than EN World (don't worry, it happens), that's fine. You can post a summary here, with a link to your full review. Why should you do that? Well, first it contributes to the aggregate rating, which helps everybody. And for you personally, it'll add to your SEO relevance - getting incoming links from relevant other pages with good traffic increases your ranking in Google's mysterious algorithms. Plus you might get the occasional hit out of it, but that's secondary. There isn't really a good reason not to do so if you're trying to make your own site/blog more visible.

2) If you've reviewed a product and want to link to it and it's not there, or if you produced a product and want it reviewed, you can simply add it yourself. At the top of the reviews page is a button to add a new product. Simply fill out the form, and once I've looked it over and filled out the fields you missed (hint: the fewer of those, the quicker it happens!) it'll be approved for reviews. You can do that if you're a publisher, a reviewer, or just a fan who wants to see some reviews on a product.

3) You can enter upcoming products! In fact, please do! Entering a future release date makes the product appear on the Coming Soon page. When it's launch date arrives, it automatically slips over to the currently available pages.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads