Reminder: WotC Forums Close Next Week

Next week, on Thursday 29th October, the official D&D messageboards (along with those for Magic: The Gathering, and WotC's other properties) close permanently. That's just a few days away now! Already, hundreds of WotC forum members have made their way over here to EN World. As a reminder, we have a special WotC Emergency Evacuation Lifeboat forum set up. If you're moving content (guides, great posts, other stuff that must not be lost!) over from the closing WotC forums, and you're not sure where to put it, this temporary forum is for you. You don't have to worry about where to put it - just dump it in there, and we'll move it where it needs to be. Don't worry, the link won't break when we move it!

Next week, on Thursday 29th October, the official D&D messageboards (along with those for Magic: The Gathering, and WotC's other properties) close permanently. That's just a few days away now! Already, hundreds of WotC forum members have made their way over here to EN World. As a reminder, we have a special WotC Emergency Evacuation Lifeboat forum set up. If you're moving content (guides, great posts, other stuff that must not be lost!) over from the closing WotC forums, and you're not sure where to put it, this temporary forum is for you. You don't have to worry about where to put it - just dump it in there, and we'll move it where it needs to be. Don't worry, the link won't break when we move it!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
We still have not gotten the "other" section of the character optimization boards moved over...would love some help with that.

So I'm curious ... I'm not a MtG player, but I know it's huge. Is there an EN World equivalent for that game? I can see WotC killing the D&D forums, but killing the forums for its biggest game seems like a strange move, unless they simply aren't used.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, I think there is. I've never played MtG either, so I'm not at all familiar with that community.

Paraxis

Explorer
I think a vast number of people use reddit for a one stop location for all their hobby forums now. r/magicTCG has 145,984 subscribers at the moment and that is just one subreddit about magic the gathering there are a good number of different ones.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think a vast number of people use reddit for a one stop location for all their hobby forums now. r/magicTCG has 145,984 subscribers at the moment and that is just one subreddit about magic the gathering there are a good number of different ones.

Yeah, that's pretty much in line with WotC saying that everybody uses the big social networks now. Their M:tG Facebook page has nearly 1.5 million.

MonkLover

First Post
Has anyone heard if the online 4E tools will still be accessible after the 29th as well, or are those going to disappear with the forums

jeffh

Adventurer
I haven't heard anything about that specifically and would not be surprised for them to disappear at some point, but I see no reason to assume their fate is specifically tied to that of the forums.

Remove ads

Remove ads