Sean's Pick of the Day (120216): Cyberpunk 2.0.2.0.

In closing out "Cyber Monday Means Cyber-Week," I had to go to the Grand Daddy of them all. R. Talsorian absolutely gets the credit for breaking the ground on cyberpunk gaming, and many believe this remains the genre game all others must be judged against. The version presented is held aloft as the best-ever expression of Mike Pondsmith's vision.

CYBERPUNK 2.0.2.0. 2ND EDITION

The Corporations control the world from their skyscraper fortresses, enforcing their rule with armies of cyborg assassins. On the Street, Boostergangs roam a shattered urban wilderness, killing and looting. The rest of the world is a perpetual party, as fashion-model beautiful techies rub biosculpt jobs with battle armored roadwarriors in the hottest clubs, sleaziest bars and meanest streets this side of the Postholocaust. The Future never looked so bad.

But you can change it. You've got interface plugs in your wrists, weapons in your arms, lasers in your eyes, bio-chip programs screaming in your brain. You're wired in, cyberenhanced and solid state as you can take it to the fatal Edge where only the toughest and coolest can go. Because you're CYBERPUNK.

Cyberpunk: the original roleplaying game of the dark future; a world of corporate assassins, heavy-metal heroes and brain burning cyberhackers, packed with cutting edge technology and intense urban action. Within this book, you'll find everything you need to tackle the mean streets of the 2000's -- in a game system that combines the best in realistic action and playability.

As I said yesterday, I have an important announcement regarding the Pick of the Day. We gave the ENN thing a shot, but it's not playing out quite the way we wanted. We've decided to move the daily Pick of the Day back to my original Sean's Pick of the Day site, starting next Monday. You'll still see the Picks of the Week over here, as well as other things I post as a regular contributor, but I hope you'll join me over on the SPOD for the daily selections (which, of course, will still be broadcast out over various social media channels).

Note that I use affiliate links in all my posts as a way to generate additional revenue for my efforts; I make my Picks and other article choices, however, based on the desire to share a wide variety of things with you. Thank you for your support.

Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, much more
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases