Monte Cook Games Announces Upcoming THE STRANGE Boxed Set Kickstarter

Monte Cook Games has just announced that on February 20th, it will be launching a Kickstarter for a deluxe The Strange boxed set. They did one for Numenera a couple of years ago, raising over a quarter-million US dollars. In addition, they mentioned that the Predation rules are with playtesters, Invisible Sun is about half designed, Unmasked is in playtesting, and more. You can watch the full video announcement below.

Monte Cook Games has just announced that on February 20th, it will be launching a Kickstarter for a deluxe The Strange boxed set. They did one for Numenera a couple of years ago, raising over a quarter-million US dollars. In addition, they mentioned that the Predation rules are with playtesters, Invisible Sun is about half designed, Unmasked is in playtesting, and more. You can watch the full video announcement below.

[video=youtube;Ga7a0KVLF0U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga7a0KVLF0U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Box-DH-Sayers.jpg

A photo of the Numenera boxed set, by DH Sayers.
SaveSave

Aldarc

Legend
Neat. I already invested in the Numenera Box Set - which was a steal of a deal - as well as the original Strange kickstarter, so I may sit this MCG Kickstarter out. (Especially after backing the Invisible Sun behemoth. My wallet could use a break.) I like the Strange, but there's too much reduplication of a lot of MCG materials for my liking at this point.

dalisprime

Explorer
Giving this a miss for the same reasons as above. The note on invisible sun is...interesting considering some playtesters haven't even received the playtest materials yet.

dalisprime

Explorer
Bruce mentioned some time ago on his twitter that more stuff was in the pipe line for The Strange. That said, you could easily change the cypher books into incursions.

AlphaDean

Villager
I passed on the Invisible Sun because it was to cost prohibitive for possibly now having a enough a group to justify the cost. I'll probably back this one only because I dig the Strange and nice boxed sets that can be used as the gateway drug.

seankreynolds

Adventurer
Giving this a miss for the same reasons as above. The note on invisible sun is...interesting considering some playtesters haven't even received the playtest materials yet.

The first set of the playtest materials for Invisible Sun were sent out. Any person who should have received playtest materials by now, but hasn't, should contact MCG directly using this webform: http://www.montecookgames.com/contact-us/

Odds are, the person didn't reply to the NDA email, or that email (or the playtest materials email) got marked as spam.

dalisprime

Explorer
Sean while this doesnt affect me in the slightest, you may want to check back with the G+ group as the guys there seem to be in the dark.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads