EN5ider #147: Magical Dungeon Archetypes for 5E

New on EN5ider, the 5th Edition patreon! The bard's College of the Passage, the cleric's Labyrinth divine domain, the druid's Circle of the Worked Stone, the sorcerer's Oozemancer bloodline, the warlock's Enigmatic Eye patron, and the wizard's School of the Inside Out are all new archetypes based around the delving of dungeons and the exploration of the dark places. By Mike Myler; illustrated by Sade.

New on EN5ider, the 5th Edition patreon! The bard's College of the Passage, the cleric's Labyrinth divine domain, the druid's Circle of the Worked Stone, the sorcerer's Oozemancer bloodline, the warlock's Enigmatic Eye patron, and the wizard's School of the Inside Out are all new archetypes based around the delving of dungeons and the exploration of the dark places. By Mike Myler; illustrated by Sade.

ooze.jpg

Tormyr

Adventurer
So I know these are actually class archetypes for PCs, but just reading the title made me think a dungeon was going to have to advance to level 3 before it chose an archetype.

tardigrade

Explorer
So I know these are actually class archetypes for PCs, but just reading the title made me think a dungeon was going to have to advance to level 3 before it chose an archetype.

Me too. And actually I thought it was an awesome idea. :D

I'm going to go for a level 6 Sewer with a 2-lvl dip into Secret Cult Base for the Primordial Altar class feature - it synergises so well with Sewer's 'Chamber of Oozes'...

Kalizaar

First Post

That caught my eye as well, because it made me think of the LitRPG book series "Chaos Seeds" by Aleron Kong. First book is "The Land: Founding". In that series the village, buildings, and dungeons level up. I thought that would be a neat mechanic to somehow bring into a D&D campaign.

4e had dragonborn, who were sort of half-dragons.

I was sad 5e didn't have dungeonborn, who were half-dungeons. Basically humanoids (maybe with rocky skin) who can once per hour create a trap spontaneously, based on their dungeonly heritage.

Yes, my character has the blood of pit traps running through his veins. Watch your step.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads