ENWorld's Fair Postponed

Most of the rest of this thread was written before I changed it's title, but yes, the ENWorld Fair has been postponed. We will still run some duels and jousts at CyberCon, but not for the full prizes. There will be no Bahly, archery, or racing.

***please return to the normal thread now***

If you look at the main forum page, you'll see a forum called the ENWorld's Fair Contestant Forum. This forum has been set up to help us manage all the people we're hoping will sign up for CyberCon's big attraction, the ENWorld-sponsored grand tournament.

We're going to have a joust, archery contest, dueling tournament, and wilderness marathon, plus a game of Baal'meral'ruun, the magical version of football. You can get more information in this thread, but I hope people will post here so we can help keep interest high. I'll be disappointed if we don't get at least a good 100 people sign up for the competition, especially since Morrus and I are taking the reigns to run these games.

So, post your characters in the other forum once you've registered, and feel free to post questions or comments here if you have any. I'm really eager to run these games, and I hope a sizeable group of ENWorlders will show up to support the games.

Oh, and if you don't want to swing by the other thread, here's the link to the document that contains all the key rules and such.

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/news...d&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=274

Last edited:

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Horacio said:
Why? Don't you trust on the ewok moderator?

I have a vague memory of making a joke about it online as a promo idea for TFT.

RW took me seriously.

It is a vague memory. It was a least a semester ago, so I could be remembering wrong.

The logistics of it still scare me though.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I think what he's REALLY scared about is RW's imaginary flaming unholy heavy lance +3 that he'll be using during the jousting competition.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
MonsieurWickett,
I dropped an email to you, but I'll blast it up here in case anyone else has the same question. If not, I'm clearly missing something.

The character submission rules reads "Contestants may create one 6th level character using only the rules from the Player's Handbook." Then there are multiple references to duelists and other PRCs. I want to make a duelist, but I'm not certain if you allow the PRC, or you just mean a pure PHB character built for mobility and DEX.

Helpy help?

arwink

Clockwork Golem
EricNoah said:
I think what he's REALLY scared about is RW's imaginary flaming unholy heavy lance +3 that he'll be using during the jousting competition.

Alas, an absence of credit cards and an anibility to transfere money into paypal from an Australian account will keep me from attending.

Will wait eagerly for the results though, and I do hear the lance is impressive.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Dr Midnight said:
MonsieurWickett,
I dropped an email to you, but I'll blast it up here in case anyone else has the same question. If not, I'm clearly missing something.

The character submission rules reads "Contestants may create one 6th level character using only the rules from the Player's Handbook." Then there are multiple references to duelists and other PRCs. I want to make a duelist, but I'm not certain if you allow the PRC, or you just mean a pure PHB character built for mobility and DEX.

Helpy help?

Nope, just PHB characters. Makes sure everyone is using the same books, and no one has an advantage due to having more books than someone else.

Remove ads