Questions and errata for BOEMII?

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
I know I for one am mad -- I've had BOEMII for nearly five hours, and there's still no errata! :D

Seriously, though, I'm running across several weird things in the book. Some of these are clearly typos, and others may be errors that need fixing; if they're not fixed, I think some of the spells are horrifically overpowered. Here's what I have so far:

p9, the variant sorcerer learns new spell levels at each odd caster level, but cannot cast new spell levels until the following even caster level. For example, the sorcerer learns one second-level spell when she achieves third level, but she can't cast any second-level spells until she achieves fourth level.
p24, do soul spells cost "the level of the spell squared times 100 XP" or "(level^2 X 50 XP)"? The examples use the latter formula.
p 38, Acuminate: should this spell be dismissible?
p 47, Robe of Reflection: does the target on whom the damage is reflected get a saving throw of any sort?
p 49, Squamous Pulse -- the save is Fortitude half. What does this mean, in context of the spell? Is the natural armor reduction halved? Is the HP damage halved?
p 51, Utter Thrall -- no save makes this spell unavoidable instant death against any being that lacks spell resistance.
p53, Greater Maneuvering -- should this eliminate the armor check penalty, not the "maneuver" penalty?
p53, Maneuvering -- should this reduce the armor check penalty, not the "maneuver" penalty?

I've not gone past this page.

Overall, this book has a lot of very cool ideas in it. I'm just a little worried that it's never seen a fine-tooth comb.

If you've found other things, wanna post them here? I'll compile a list and send 'em off to Monte, or post them on his boards, or something.

Daniel

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases