(YB-META-RULES) Dark/Light

Wicht

Hero
I started jotting down notes and stuff tonight for the dark/light paths and thought I would run some of it by you guys and see what you thought.

1) Becoming a Dark/Light warrior requires the defeat of a fighter from across the spectrum. Ideally this could mean a white belt could jump straight into the path if they defeat they right foe.

2) Leaving the path of darkness or path of light will be an option at any time but will require the sacrifice of a full tier - in other words a Light warrior who wants to become honor must drop to the bottom of the honor teir below his - a blue belt will be forced to become a white belt but an orange belt can become a yellow belt.

3) Conversions are still going to be an option and if the conversion is successful the warrior wins 2 ranks instead of 1. If it is not successful they drop three ranks. Conversions will affect Yakuza's, sash and honor fighters, but not the dark and light warriors themselves. Conversions I think should take place on a round after the first in which the flags are neutral - remembering that dirty tricks do not cause round changes - and doing so will make the use of the conversion power tricky to say the least.

This is, of course all just brainstorming but I thought I would put it out there.

graydoom

First Post
Sounds good, but I would favor equality in ranks gained for a successful conversion and ranks lost for an unsuccessful conversion.

Wicht

Hero
graydoom said:
Sounds good, but I would favor equality in ranks gained for a successful conversion and ranks lost for an unsuccessful conversion.

Well it had already been mentioned in another thread the possibility of dark/light warriors losing 2 ranks anyway when they lost to the other spectrum, but being forced to fight these to advance tiers.

Its still in the brainstorming stage tonight so feel free to give alternative ideas - i like the idea though of each path advancing/falling just a little different.

Berandor

lunatic
Well, I for one likes how the undead converted... after they won the fight, another round of combat to draw over.
If you lost this round, you could make it that the fighter trying to convert would lose 2, so that he went out of the match with one net loss.
Additionally, if he succeded in conversting, he wouldn't gain another win.

Berandor

Phoenix8008

First Post
Wicht, please leave some player choice in the conversion rules. If the player of a character really doesn't want their character to be converted, then have them lose an amount of ranks equal to the tier of the fighter attempting to convert them, or something else like that. While some enjoy the challenge of playing a new role (like Berandor), other people put too much into their characters to have them changed around like that against their will. (See what a chair shot to the back of the head will do to ya? I've been repeating this paragraph to anyone that would listen every time this subject came up for some reason! :confused: ;) :D)

Zappo

Explorer
I also think that a conversion should not be forced... give an option besides seppuku. Lose a bunch of ranks, for example.
Wicht said:
Conversions will affect Yakuza's, sash and honor fighters, but not the dark and light warriors themselves.
So, a dark warrior is "beyond saving", and a light warrior can never be corrupted?

Wicht

Hero
Well - I already have an idea for converting from yakuza or honor to sash and from sash to yakuza or honor. But how about this - A dark that switches to yakuza loses 1 tier, a yakuza that switches to honor loses 2 tiers, A honor that switches to Yakuza loses 2 teirs, and a light that switchs to honor loses 1 teir. Going from Honor to Light or from Yakuza to Dark is always from a victory and the fighter does not lose any teir but instead goes in at the rank +1 of where they were before their fight.

Thus a person converted does not have to accept the conversion but can lose 2 tiers instead.

Wicht

Hero
The reason incidentally for allowing a fighter to gain 2 ranks from a successful conversion is to make it have some in game benefit for the one doing the converting.

As for the all flags neutral or only after a successful win, which do people prefer as far as timing for conversions

Phoenix8008

First Post
They should have to win the fight first before being able to convert. Makes more sense than stopping in the middle and saying "Hey, don'tcha wanna come be friends now?".

Zappo

Explorer
Wicht said:
Well - I already have an idea for converting from yakuza or honor to sash and from sash to yakuza or honor. But how about this - A dark that switches to yakuza loses 1 tier, a yakuza that switches to honor loses 2 tiers, A honor that switches to Yakuza loses 2 teirs, and a light that switchs to honor loses 1 teir. Going from Honor to Light or from Yakuza to Dark is always from a victory and the fighter does not lose any teir but instead goes in at the rank +1 of where they were before their fight.

Thus a person converted does not have to accept the conversion but can lose 2 tiers instead.
I like that! Also, it should stack over any losses due to losing the fight - which means that a yakuza converted to honor should drop 1 rank because of losing, and 2 tiers because of the conversion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases