Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path

DocShoveller

First Post
2 out of 5 rating for Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path

This is a campaign that requires a certain willingness to engage with the game's crunch - by the end, PCs will have 20 levels and 10 Mythic tiers. The AP is not challenging enough in its later chapters for that level of power to not make most encounters facile. I'm not sure the Paizo team could have written such an AP without it being even less fun for players without a significant level in system mastery - in short, the AP is too crunchy for casual players and not challenging enough for experienced optimisers.

Even putting those issues to one side, the story leaves something to be desired: interesting characters fade into the background (or are rendered irrelevant) quite quickly; the PC's divine patron is written as overbearing and heavy-handed; the narrative has a number of choke points where the PCs are bullied into following the expected plot, in other places whole sections of the adventure can be bypassed if the party brought [insert character class/item]. A number of well-imagined set-pieces are trivialised by the abilities the PCs bring with them.

Crunchy, underdeveloped, railroad-y.

Oculto

First Post
2 out of 5 rating for Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path

The things that really save the adventure are the NPCs. I'm really enjoyed them, and I use them in others adventures as always as I can.

Remove ads