Ranger beasts

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
two questions:
1. What is your take on the effects of Healing Word in the situation you describe?
2. What is that power (that heals 8hp/round as long as it is sustained) called, and where is it found? That sounds like a 'must have' power for every cleric!

"Sustain" in this case is a minor action, isn't it? If so, then a cleric could use that to restore a whole party while they continued to move/explore.

1. I would lean to no bonus healing, when you are out of surges. Otherwise it is infinite healing even when surges are exausted. 2 uses every five mintutes at 1st level thats still 1d6+4 hp - usable 24 times in each hour.

2. its "healing sun" radiant servant utility lvl 12.
the sustain is listed as a standard action, not just a minor. Also it ends if the cleric is bloodied. Its not something Im willing to use in combat.
Radiant Servant is a very powerful PP, all of its powers are good.

Leif

Adventurer
By "no bonus healing" I guess you mean that the spell just restores the usual surge amount? This is still great for someone with no surges left!

Radiant Servant definitely sounds like a Paragon Path to consider, if not use every single time.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
By "no bonus healing" I guess you mean that the spell just restores the usual surge amount? This is still great for someone with no surges left!

Of course not. To be more clear, if you can't/don't spend a surge you get no healing at all. You could still be healed by powers that don't include surges, like spending an AP near an inspiring warlord, or standing in the healing sun zone mentioned above.

Radiant servant is good but Divine oracle is a strong contender. Angelic avenger gives encounter long flight, but is weaker. Warpriest sucks in comparison.

nittanytbone

First Post
two questions:
2. What is that power (that heals 8hp/round as long as it is sustained) called, and where is it found? That sounds like a 'must have' power for every cleric!.

The level 5 Daily Consecrated Ground is also a good option.

Honestly I think the design is pretty good. Most of the time, out of combat, you should be using your own surges to fuel the beast's healing. In combat, it has two surges to spend for second winds or healing words if separated from you and in need of emergency healing. Beastmaster Rangers that regularly end up taking a lot of damage with a wounded pet to boot may need to focus on CON or take the Durable Feat.

Remove ads