Converting prehistoric creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

xidoraven

Explorer
Recently, Xidoraven's posts over at the WoTC forums reminded me that I wanted to help out around here, so I figured my palaeontological hobbyism would make this a good thread to start. And now that the deinotherium has been moved away from, I felt prepared to join in. Aaaanyway...

When they refer to these creatures as "Devonian predatory fish", they're presumably referring to cheirolepis or its ilk.

Good to see you here, Rap......py.......torial......:p So glad I could helpy fuel your muse. ;)

PS. xidoraven, looks like a good start at an individual! And, Rappy, welcome! Please feel free to help out whereever you'd like!

Thank you. It was a fair attempt, and I enjoy having it refined by the 'experts'. :D

Sorry I posted then jet for a few days. That was not what I had planned, but then had to run out of town for longer than expected. :-S I am really happy to help, especially to incite motion to stagnant waters - I seem to be good at it for this purpose.

What I have so far of the list of currently-posted stats of everything prehistoric (dinos & prims from A to Sinocalliopteryx), with CRs, Environments, and Notes about the entries & creatures). This is only half-finished, but will be completed soon, and I will post all my notations on reviews and empty informations spots when it is completed up to this point.

I am also home again now, so I will get to posting the stats for the published critters in Fiend Folio, Frostburn, Sandstorm, & Stormwrack - possibly later today. I found few if any other examples of dinos in many other publications, but I am still looking.

I would love to have a completed ecology of CR and Environment tables for a prehistoric fantasy setting within the next month or so - starting small in a local region, and progressing outward as the info is compiled. I know that sounds like a hasty deadline, but honestly most of the hard work has been done on dino/prims - allowing me to put together a fully-functional spreadsheet for making these tables.

Sorry for the novel, all. :p :cool:
-will

xidoraven

Explorer
Animals, Fictional Animal Creatures, and Dinos/Dires/Prims - part 1

Animals, Dinos, Prims, Dires, & Beastland-specific critters
stormwrack_summoningspelllist.png

(**All of these creatures were added from Stormwrack, 2005 - v3.5 pdf file)

Last edited:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
These are great, xidoraven, but do you mind sliding them into a different thread? Kind of makes it hard to follow the conversion discussion.

freyar

http://www.enworld.org/forum/genera...erting-prehistoric-creatures.html#post4853206

I think I did that right. I pressed 'Fork to New Thread'.... Was that what you meant? Should I delete this one now?
-will
The other thread looks pretty good! Maybe you could just hide the text here in an sblock? You just put <sblock> </sblock> around the text, except with [ instead of <. Like this: [sblock]This is my sblock.
Sorry if you know this already; a lot of people don't.[/sblock]

It's good material, I just have a tough time following what we're working on with blocks of other stats popping up. It happened in another thread recently, and we had to split that one, too.

xidoraven

Explorer
Thanks, freyar. I appreciate the help and suggestions. I am one of those that is not so saavy in this forum's coding style - I am more proficient in wiki, html, actionscript, music, and English... :p Everyone needs a little helping hand ever so often. :D

I deleted the content except for the summon list img/table, and posted a link to the forked thread. That works for me if it works for you. I will just post a link to the thread when I have updated it with a new publication. I have four pdfs on my screen right now, plus Sandstorm and Fiend Folio in the other room, to make sure that we have all applicable critters for prehistoric-style campaign settings (like the one I am putting together for this new game for my buddy's character!).

Spoiler is a nice touch though.... I almost regret having deleted the material just to try it out and see how cool it is.... :/ Oh well. Stormwrack took effort only because I tried formatting for bold and italics in the first part.... Then decided that someone else can do that when it gets copied and translated over to its own page.

I personally feel that all entries should also include the following applicable statistics in every animal's block:
-As Familiars. as Companions, as Mounts
-Breeding, Rearing, Training, and Value of Animal/egg/hatchling, etc.

Seeing some entries with it, and some without it is somewhat disheartening to the reputation of these multi-site projects.... At least for me. Maybe I am taking it too close to heart. :p ;)

Happy 4th! Celebrate independence from.... Wait, are we still independent? Celebrate freedom! Best wishes,
-will

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Skills: 14
Piranha swarm has Hide, Listen, Spot

Feats: 4
Piranha swarm has Alertness, Improved Initiative, Toughness

freyar

Or Ability Focus (distraction)? Edit: splitting ranks into those 3 skills sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads